The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Key thinkers

For Ideologies in Edexcel Politics, who is the key thinker for neo-liberalism as I have notes for Hayek but apparently he's not one of the five on the spec. Also, is Friedan a modern or neoliberal as well???
Bit late but I only have Hayek for neo-liberalism... I know he's not on the spec but so long as you don't count him towards your key thinkers you can mention him (at least, that's what I've been told!). I only really use neo-liberalism as a backup point, i.e., to strengthen the classical argument of negative liberty. I have Locke & Wollstonecraft as classical, Mill as transitional classical -> modern, & Rawls & Friedan as modern. Hope that helps!
Reply 2
Original post by skybright
Bit late but I only have Hayek for neo-liberalism... I know he's not on the spec but so long as you don't count him towards your key thinkers you can mention him (at least, that's what I've been told!). I only really use neo-liberalism as a backup point, i.e., to strengthen the classical argument of negative liberty. I have Locke & Wollstonecraft as classical, Mill as transitional classical -> modern, & Rawls & Friedan as modern. Hope that helps!

ahhh i see, thanks so much for the reply!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending