The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Alternative offer

Hi everyone, I applied to PPE at king‘s quite a while ago. Today, I got an offer saying that my application for my chosen course was unsuccessful, but that I have been taken into consideration for a second course (to which I was accepted a few hours later). The new course is political economy, and it sounds quite interesting on their website, however, after researching a little bit, I found out offer rates for that course in relation to applications are 95% (worth noting that alternative offers are included). So now my question: Should this offer be something that I should consider taking? I applied to KCL because I like the competitiveness and quality, but what I read about the course + the fact that I was accepted just hours later rather made me feel like Kings is need of my 32000 British pounds a year I pay as international student. If anyone has some more info on the competitiveness and quality of the course or on how often these alternative offers happen I would be happy to know. I now that Kings is a renowned university, but 95% offer rates sound a bit weird to me. Thank you guys
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Applicantkcl
Hi everyone, I applied to PPE at king‘s quite a while ago. Today, I got an offer saying that my application for my chosen course was unsuccessful, but that I have been taken into consideration for a second course (to which I was accepted a few hours later). The new course is political economy, and it sounds quite interesting on their website, however, after researching a little bit, I found out offer rates for that course in relation to applications are 95% (worth noting that alternative offers are included). So now my question: Should this offer be something that I should consider taking? I applied to KCL because I like the competitiveness and quality, but what I read about the course + the fact that I was accepted just hours later rather made me feel like Kings is need of my 32000 British pounds a year I pay as international student. If anyone has some more info on the competitiveness and quality of the course or on how often these alternative offers happen I would be happy to know. I now that Kings is a renowned university, but 95% offer rates sound a bit weird to me. Thank you guys

don't get so hung up on offer rates, they depend on a lot of things. kings is a renowned university and if you genuinely like the course then id say go for it. the offer rate could be that high because they didn't have many people apply for it that year, so they offered places to most of them. more niche courses will have higher offer rates, but that's just because the amount of people that actually apply are so few. I'm doing PPE at kings next year, and I think if I was offered a place for political economy instead I would consider it.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest