The Student Room Group

How to find WheelChair accessible Tube Stations in UK?

I am a bit confused about the tube map with accessibility signs.The blue symbol shows step-free access from "street to train" and the white symbol shows step-free access from "street to platform". But it only shows ONE SYMBOL per station, what if a station has both privileges? I mean a station can have both step-free access from street to train and step-free access from street to platform, how do I recognize these stations?

A map with the symbol - SCREENSHOT

can anyone interpret these symbols? -
STEP FREE SYMBOLS
IN ONE DIRECTION
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by drkfuture
I am a bit confused about the tube map with accessibility signs.The blue symbol shows step-free access from "street to train" and the white symbol shows step-free access from "street to platform". But it only shows ONE SYMBOL per station, what if a station has both privileges? I mean a station can have both step-free access from street to train and step-free access from street to platform, how do I recognize these stations?

A map with the symbol - SCREENSHOT

can anyone interpret these symbols? -
STEP FREE SYMBOLS
IN ONE DIRECTION

I would assume that "step-free street to platform" means that you can get from the street to the platform without using steps, but that you would need to step up from the platform onto the train. "Step free steet to train" would mean that you can get to the platform without using steps, and then you get from the platform onto the train also without having to step up.

So "step free street to train" would also include the "step free street to platform".
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
So "step free street to train" would also include the "step free street to platform".

Thanks all, yes its right. Step Free to Street also means Step Free to platform. TFL should have clarified this on their site. A newcomer/tourist may not assume all this.

Quick Reply

Latest