The Student Room Group

zante safety?

I am going to zante in 3 weeks times just wondering how safe it is for a group of 4 girls, will we get harrased by lots of boys on the strip, as i have heard a few bad stories?
Zante is quite safe place to visit as long as you don't go overboard. Just take standard precautions to ensure personal safety, like pay attention to your environment and be cautious in unfamiliar areas, especially at night. Choose reputable and licensed taxi services or ride-hailing apps for transportation. You will be good to go
Hi @dentmckayla

@clark_henry has made some good points there.

We've got some tips on sticking with mates during your travels on our website.

You can also sign up for email travel alerts for Greece on the Foreign Travel Advice site, including reading more information about the country.

We've also have a group of student ambassadors, we'll ask them if they can share any tips they might have for you if any of them have visited Zante.

Have a great time while you're away.
Original post by dentmckayla
I am going to zante in 3 weeks times just wondering how safe it is for a group of 4 girls, will we get harrased by lots of boys on the strip, as i have heard a few bad stories?

I'm guessing since your post is dated from 3 weeks ago you'll either be packing up for your girls holiday or on it right now! Either way I hope some of your worries have been settled and you either have or are having a great time!

One thing I found when I went on a trip to Aiya Napa with myself and two other girls was that staying together on nights out and making sure we were all looking our for each other was really important to making sure we were all having fun but also staying safe! We were all sharing locations already before the trip just to be on the safe side which also provided us with some reassurance whilst we were out and about on nights out. Party holidays can be great social opportunities to meet new people but that being said remember that this is YOUR holiday. Enjoy your time and do what works for you whether that be partying hard one day and then having a lazy day in the sun the next or anything else that takes your fancy!

If you're still feeling worried or anxious about the parts of the holiday where you'll be out on the strip and you feel comfortable doing it, I'd encourage you to chat with your friends about it so you can all help each other out and hopefully provide some reassurance before going out to make sure you're all having a good girls holiday!

Quick Reply

Latest