The Student Room Group

Think I have PTSD but it feels like it’s impossible to get a diagnosis/see a psych

Those of you who are diagnosed with PTSD how did you manage to do it and how long did it take? Did you already know u had PTSD or did it come as a surprise?
Thx
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! Sorry you feel like this it can sometimes feel like the worst. If your looking to get it diagnosed there is a really big booklet your gp should get you fill out and it asks you questions from all the way back when you were born till now, it does take quite a while to fill our but once it’s done properly it’s very worth it! If your asking for my advice I would say go to your gp and ask for this form, it will take at least a week to fill out but as soon as you have, give it in asap and they should guide you on what to do next! Hope this helps and hope everything is okay :smile:
Original post by Maryammmmmmmmmmm
Hi! Sorry you feel like this it can sometimes feel like the worst. If your looking to get it diagnosed there is a really big booklet your gp should get you fill out and it asks you questions from all the way back when you were born till now, it does take quite a while to fill our but once it’s done properly it’s very worth it! If your asking for my advice I would say go to your gp and ask for this form, it will take at least a week to fill out but as soon as you have, give it in asap and they should guide you on what to do next! Hope this helps and hope everything is okay :smile:

hi thanks, I’ve recently just filled out an adhd and asd form and I’m seeing a therapist under iapt . However, I might be transferred to chmt soon to get more support. Im just waiting on them to get back to me, when they do I’ll ask if they can assess me for ptsd thanks it’s a really tiring process tysm :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest