The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE German Speaking Higher Tier 2H (8668/SH) - 2023 [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE German Speaking 2H (8668/SH) - 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: to submit by 22th May, pm
Length: N/A

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/german-8668

(edited 1 year ago)
Hello, I'm aiming for a 9, I would settle for an 8 but my mum says that's 'not good enough', so the pressure's on...
I like the reading and writing papers. I'm worried about my speaking because I got 49/60 in my mock. Apparently my answers didn't have complex enough sentences but my teacher hasn't defined to me what a 'complex sentence' is, so I don't know what they would be to practice them!!
Also I hate hate hate the listening because I can hear the words fine, and would even be able to write them down and spell them, I just have no clue what they mean. Hopefully practice papers can solve that though.
Original post by eagleflight
Hello, I'm aiming for a 9, I would settle for an 8 but my mum says that's 'not good enough', so the pressure's on...
I like the reading and writing papers. I'm worried about my speaking because I got 49/60 in my mock. Apparently my answers didn't have complex enough sentences but my teacher hasn't defined to me what a 'complex sentence' is, so I don't know what they would be to practice them!!
Also I hate hate hate the listening because I can hear the words fine, and would even be able to write them down and spell them, I just have no clue what they mean. Hopefully practice papers can solve that though.

Hi! I did my gcse aqa german exam last year and I'm now doing it for alevel so I thought I'd give you some tips. For the listening, in the 5 minutes you have to look through the paper, I found it helpful to write notes/key words for each question, so I had an idea of what to listen out for and also then inferring what the word could mean by listening to the rest of the sentence etc, similar to how you would in a reading if you didn't understand one of the words. For your speaking exam, with the role play, make sure they're full sentences (eg have a verb in them), and then for the photocard, act as though it was a writing, so expand what you're saying, eg give opinions and a variety of vocab. Just keep thinking as you're doing it like why do i think that to help further develop your answers. And then for the general conversation, rather than trying to remember entire sentences that you may have written in advance, go through these and for each topic bullet point key ideas you want to say, with prompts on how to start them etc. Hope this helps and good luck!
Original post by Hanwar18
Hi! I did my gcse aqa german exam last year and I'm now doing it for alevel so I thought I'd give you some tips. For the listening, in the 5 minutes you have to look through the paper, I found it helpful to write notes/key words for each question, so I had an idea of what to listen out for and also then inferring what the word could mean by listening to the rest of the sentence etc, similar to how you would in a reading if you didn't understand one of the words. For your speaking exam, with the role play, make sure they're full sentences (eg have a verb in them), and then for the photocard, act as though it was a writing, so expand what you're saying, eg give opinions and a variety of vocab. Just keep thinking as you're doing it like why do i think that to help further develop your answers. And then for the general conversation, rather than trying to remember entire sentences that you may have written in advance, go through these and for each topic bullet point key ideas you want to say, with prompts on how to start them etc. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you! I’ll keep this in mind!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending