The Student Room Group

Advice on route to being a Secondary teacher?

Currently I am going onto my 2nd last year in Art and Philosophy, where we start working on our exhibition work for the final year and start approaching our portfolios and art with what we are wanting to do for postgraduate. For myself, I want to be a Art teacher teaching Secondary school in Scotland.
However I find myself conflicting on my next choice in education as multiple people say different things so getting some advice will be a great help. Gonna list the questions I most need answering here but happy if any other advice is given too.

Is it recommended to take a MFA before doing a PDGE in Art and Design?
I am interested in doing one of the postgraduates that is offered within the uni that heavily focuses around my topic. However I would want to know if it would aid at all in getting the PDGE or with the career. As I want to be a art teacher first and foremost as it's been a long lasting dream. And waiting a year ontop in my head making me think if it's worth the time and expense.

If anyone has done a PDGE in Art and Design, What is covered within the course?
This is due to the fact my course is 'Art and Philosophy', I've been told it would help to show that I am both visually and technically savie in both written and physical work. But again just worried incase I get into the course eventually then realise that I've made a bad choice?

Lastly ,if anyone has been through the PDGE course and through their interview. What are they looking for?
I want to tailor my work so that the work represented is both what they want and at a high standard. I am going to ask another forum directly to someone who's attending/attended the uni I want in the same course to see how their interview focus on but generally knowing what most scottish universities say about their interview would be a great help.

Again if any advice wants to be given it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending