The Student Room Group

I'm in Y9 can I do RE GCSE in y10

Hi, so currently I'm in y9, and will be in y10 next year. Is it possible for me to do a Religious Education GCSE in the summer of Year Ten along with the Year Elevens who are doing it? Because I'm good at RE and I think it will definitely make the workload easier in y11. So is this possible? If it is, how would it work?
You have to ask your school. At my school we all did RE GCSE in year 10 (but this was with the old-style GCSEs). If most people are doing it in year 11, you won't have covered the syllabus by the end of year 10.
Reply 2
Okay, thank you.

Say I did end up doing in summer of y10, when I would I get results back? And could I do it again in y11 if I failed/got a low grade?
Reply 3
Original post by lexistar
Okay, thank you.

Say I did end up doing in summer of y10, when I would I get results back? And could I do it again in y11 if I failed/got a low grade?

These would be questions to ask your school rather than the internet.
Okay, thank you.

You would get the results at the same time as the other people who sat that exam (so y11s). You could resist the next year, but you have to list ALL grades on uni applications, so universities would be able to see your original grade.

But I'm just saying what is technically possible. I think it's unlikely that your school would let you do it in year 10 if everyone else is doing it in year 11.
Reply 5
I don't know how many people do it in y11, pretty sure quite a few (mainly top set) have taken it early before

thanks everyone <3
Hi, so currently I'm in y9, and will be in y10 next year. Is it possible for me to do a Religious Education GCSE in the summer of Year Ten along with the Year Elevens who are doing it? Because I'm good at RE and I think it will definitely make the workload easier in y11. So is this possible? If it is, how would it work?

Heya!
You would need to talk to your teachers and explain your situation, they would be able to advise you more on this :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest