The Student Room Group

Perfection

I have strived my whole life to be the smartest, skinniest, and most attractive person I can be. It's hard you know? Expectations of me are high and if I don't deliver I get deemed not enough.
Original post by noelissocute
I have strived my whole life to be the smartest, skinniest, and most attractive person I can be. It's hard you know? Expectations of me are high and if I don't deliver I get deemed not enough.

No one is perfect and no one can be. It's impossible to be and it's quite natural not to be. I also try to be a perfectionist most of the time which I know is a really bad habit.

Never have expectations but do have hopes. Expectations won't let you digest bad things but hope will do. It's like should and must.
Ironically it’s people’s rough edges which makes someone attractive not perfection
Original post by yeet_21
Ironically it’s people’s rough edges which makes someone attractive not perfection

😄 yes
Reply 4
It's not smart to be skinny. Did you see your doctor recently after your weight was bothering you?
You "get deemed not enough" by who exactly? You don't answer to anybody else.

Being skinny isn't healthy.

Being smart is a very grey term - there's iq, common sense, book smart long term, and short term memorisation through cramming for exams, all of which are very different and not necessarily interchangeable. For example you can have high grades by cramming, but ultimately very little common sense and very little long term retention of anything you've studied. Or you can have a high iq but low grades due to lack of studying. Or you can have a ton of common sense but a poor academic memory. Some things you can do yourself such as studying hard plus learning general knowledge, but you can't do much to improve memory or iq.

Striving to be the best version of yourself that you can be is an idealistic way of living. It's also unattainable in the long run, because as human beings we're flawed, and nobody can maintain such a high standard 100% of the time. We falter and fall down. The key is to be gentle with yourself and accept that it's okay sometimes to be less than "perfect" (and accept that no human being is perfect).
Original post by Surnia
It's not smart to be skinny. Did you see your doctor recently after your weight was bothering you?

Yes. I recently developed an eating disorder and I am trying to work through it.

Quick Reply

Latest