The Student Room Group

comfortable backpack?

Im trying to upgrade to a better quality backpack for uni, right now I just use a standard adidas. Im a small frame so Id like something not too bulky, just a standard size. I'm also looking for padding preferably around the straps since I tend to get shoulder pain when my bag is too heavy.

Not necessary but Id like some room for organisation like having inner pockets/compartments cause I tend to throw everything inside. Also, hopefully the bag isnt too ugly haha.

I dont know if this is asking too much but recommendations are appreciated!
I'd try a company called ridge 53. There bags are very comfortable and are quite a good size.
Hi!

The bag I use for university is from Seventeen London. They are so comfortable and really affordable! You can find them on Amazon.

Hannah:bear:
Psychology Student
De Montfort University
I have this leather backpack from Von Baer. It's not bulky at all and fits quite comfortably. The leather is a nice touch because it looks chic and is durable. Even when it's packed with my daily essentials laptop, notebook, water bottle - it doesn't strain my shoulders, thanks to the padded straps. And it has multiple pockets, perfect for organization.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by icelatte
Im trying to upgrade to a better quality backpack for uni, right now I just use a standard adidas. Im a small frame so Id like something not too bulky, just a standard size. I'm also looking for padding preferably around the straps since I tend to get shoulder pain when my bag is too heavy.

Not necessary but Id like some room for organisation like having inner pockets/compartments cause I tend to throw everything inside. Also, hopefully the bag isnt too ugly haha.

For a sturdy bag maybe bags from Jeep! These are supportive, spacious and perfect for heavy laptops and books.
Hiya!

I just thought I would share what I use incase it does interest people as I have been asked previously by prospective students. As for my course, I don't really need to bring any equipment along specifically and therefore I tend to carry quite light. As I love a tote bag, I have recently purchased a tote bag from amazon where it has compartments for my laptop, even chargers, water bottle space and a small zipped pocket where I tend to keep my keys and other important essentials.

-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University

Hi there,

I use a Swiss Gear backpack.

Out of all of the backpacks I've had, this is definitely the best one. It has padded straps and a padded back which is super comfortable and loads of space with inner pockets/compartments which is perfect for school. I study abroad and find it to be a great travel backpack too.

They can be a little pricey, but the site does do discounts and I'm sure you can find them elsewhere for cheaper.

Isabella
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student

Hi,

I have been using a Cabaia backpack for all 3 years of university and it has been perfect. It's not too big but is big enough for a laptop, notebook and lunch. They do interchangeable front pockets too so you can change the design of your bag by just hooking on a new front pocket whenever you want a change.

I hope this is of some assistance,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep - 3rd year Children's Nursing

Probably Eastpak? I like Adidas as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending