The Student Room Group

Mental health and A levels

Is anyone else seriously struggling with their mental health rn?
Sounds stupid but as expected Alevels have seriously deteriorated my mental health which is frustrating as I was finally coming out of my depression, I feel like my mental health is going to prevent me getting the grades I need for my university which is only making me feel way worse, I keep feeling everyone hates me or imaging my own death before Alevels which is extremely worrying lmao.

Any advice??
i know what you mean... my brains like half dead rn..
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds stupid but as expected Alevels have seriously deteriorated my mental health which is frustrating as I was finally coming out of my depression, I feel like my mental health is going to prevent me getting the grades I need for my university which is only making me feel way worse, I keep feeling everyone hates me or imaging my own death before Alevels which is extremely worrying lmao.

Any advice??

I was similar in college. College was affecting my mental health, I decided just go not go in some days then they started threatening to kick me out or saying I won't pass my course if I don't come in which scared me so I started going in. I ended up failing, which upset me, but not long after , I noticed it doesn't really do much harm. I just started going in more, just skipping less days and I tried my best but still took the odd day off, I just tried my best when I was there but didn't take it too seriously to the point it wouldnt affect my mental health. I failed but didn't care because I knew I tried. Like you just need to try your best and that's all you can do.

Any advice??

I am in the same position but my mental health is bad bc of lack of sleep and maths is killing me. I would recommend going on walks and maybe try to revise with friends. Sometimes its hard to stuff other than studying.

Btw what course do you want to do?
Maybe see your GP

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

There are BTEC's, Open uni etc alternatives
I am in the same position but my mental health is bad bc of lack of sleep and maths is killing me. I would recommend going on walks and maybe try to revise with friends. Sometimes its hard to stuff other than studying.

Btw what course do you want to do?

yeah I'm suffering from lack of sleep too it's so annoying, I'm trying to do law and I need three As to get into my chosen uni.

hbu?
i know what you mean... my brains like half dead rn..

honestly it's like I'm on flight mode
Original post by Analyst89
Maybe see your GP

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

There are BTEC's, Open uni etc alternatives

thank you <3
I was similar in college. College was affecting my mental health, I decided just go not go in some days then they started threatening to kick me out or saying I won't pass my course if I don't come in which scared me so I started going in. I ended up failing, which upset me, but not long after , I noticed it doesn't really do much harm. I just started going in more, just skipping less days and I tried my best but still took the odd day off, I just tried my best when I was there but didn't take it too seriously to the point it wouldnt affect my mental health. I failed but didn't care because I knew I tried. Like you just need to try your best and that's all you can do.

yeah, there's multiple students at my school who they keep threatening to kick out for absence even though they know its mental health, you're right though I just gotta do my best
yeah I'm suffering from lack of sleep too it's so annoying, I'm trying to do law and I need three As to get into my chosen uni.

hbu?

Yeah same i need 3As as well and I am trying to do med. I got rejected from all of my choices this year.
I am trying to keep a positive mindset towards and hope that my revision pays off.

Good luck with your revision and i hope you feel better soon :smile:

Any advice??

I’m struggling , but it’s ok . What is life without struggle ?
Original post by Thenewguy123
I’m struggling , but it’s ok . What is life without struggle ?

literally
literally

Repeat after me .

I’ve done enough , I am enough
goosefrabaaa. Goosefrabaaa
Original post by Thenewguy123
Repeat after me .

I’ve done enough , I am enough
goosefrabaaa. Goosefrabaaa

Yessss

Guys we can all do this it will all be worth it when you see your grades in summer
Heyy, I'm a fresher at uni right now. A levels were literally traumatic. I was constantly stressed, physically sick from revision and had so many mental breakdowns. The stress of UCAS and interviews for uni on top of that is so exhausting. I wish you the best of luck for your a levels. Just know that you are not alone :smile:

Any advice??

Do you know why they have ruined your mental health?

Quick Reply

Latest