The Student Room Group

Does anyone want GCSE advice?

I did my GCSEs last year and got 8s in Physics and German, and 7s in Biology, Geography, RS, Maths and Music. I got 6s in Chemistry, English Lit and English Lang and a 5 in Further Maths but I don't feel as confident giving advice for those subjects.
heyy how did u revise for speaking and writing

Original post by flowersinmyhair
I did my GCSEs last year and got 8s in Physics and German, and 7s in Biology, Geography, RS, Maths and Music. I got 6s in Chemistry, English Lit and English Lang and a 5 in Further Maths but I don't feel as confident giving advice for those subjects.
Original post by anonymous.2003
heyy how did u revise for speaking and writing

for writing I had go to sentences for each topic that I could use to answer the questions, although you do need to tailor it to each question and for speaking it is much the same but it comes with an additional barrier of you need to be comfortable saying it out loud and you have a lot less time to think on the spot.
Hi,

I do sort of need advice in reference to how you got yourself to sit down and effectively revise. I have the habit of avoiding revision to any length, to the point where I only pretend like I'm revising just to please my parents and so they think I'm doing the right thing. My most recent report saw me with a 3 in maths which is absolutely awful, but i do have 3 9s as well in english lang, lit and music. my question lies around how you gave yourself the motivation to revise? because i dont care enough about the exams to, and am worrying about my lack of care for them - but not directly the exams themselves. first exam is in 16 days :/
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Original post by isuckatrevising
Hi,

I do sort of need advice in reference to how you got yourself to sit down and effectively revise. I have the habit of avoiding revision to any length, to the point where I only pretend like I'm revising just to please my parents and so they think I'm doing the right thing. My most recent report saw me with a 3 in maths which is absolutely awful, but i do have 3 9s as well in english lang, lit and music. my question lies around how you gave yourself the motivation to revise? because i dont care enough about the exams to, and am worrying about my lack of care for them - but not directly the exams themselves. first exam is in 16 days :/

I struggled a lot to motivate myself to revise, and it is still something I struggle with, but I think part of it was I was able to scare myself into revising because I was scared of doing badly. I think especially with Maths it will have a massive impact on your future if you don't pass. I was kind of the same with English as in my first set of mocks I got a 3 in English Lit and in my second set of mocks I barely scraped a 4 in English Lang (we had to do 2 sets of mocks in case exams got cancelled again because of covid), but figuring out the issues and wanting to work out those issues helped me. I hope this helps, I'm not sure how coherent or useful it is though.

Quick Reply

Latest