The Student Room Group

Improving A level Mathematics grade (edexcel)

Does anyone have some good advice for how to Improve in A level Mathematics? I’m a year 13 student currently on a C and really want to achieve an A this year in the real exams. How possible do you guys think this is considering I have around 4 months? I know I have gaps in my knowledge but I’m scared that I’m not revising effectively enough to achieve a grade A. I’m happy with my other subjects but maths is the alevel I find hardest. Videos are helpful but I feel like I end up always struggling in mocks/ final tests. I know I am capable of understanding all the content it’s just the exam style questions and exams in general that I struggle with. I don’t perform well in exam papers but understands all the questions when I review them. If you guys have experienced the same, have improved ur alevel maths grade a lot etc. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Faizachaudry
Does anyone have some good advice for how to Improve in A level Mathematics? I’m a year 13 student currently on a C and really want to achieve an A this year in the real exams. How possible do you guys think this is considering I have around 4 months? I know I have gaps in my knowledge but I’m scared that I’m not revising effectively enough to achieve a grade A. I’m happy with my other subjects but maths is the alevel I find hardest. Videos are helpful but I feel like I end up always struggling in mocks/ final tests. I know I am capable of understanding all the content it’s just the exam style questions and exams in general that I struggle with. I don’t perform well in exam papers but understands all the questions when I review them. If you guys have experienced the same, have improved ur alevel maths grade a lot etc. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice!!!

hi so im a gcse student doing a level maths soon but i did get full marks in my maths gcse. the thing that helped me gain marks and understand the subject more is constant practice questions and past papers. i did every single past paper available to work on my most common mistakes and then once i noticed them i did extra questions on these until i perfected them. i also do further maths gcse which ive heard is slightly similar to alevel and for it i just do about 20 questions on each topic until i can do it with 0 noted. hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest