The Student Room Group

grades

Guys can anyone help me as i am currently revising for my gcses that are in about 5 weeks and im struggling to not get distracted and im nowhere near the grades i need to pass
ok as someone who got straight 8/9s, it is 100% possible to bring your grades up! (i did sit my gcses, just in lots of short exams lol)
start with the things you find the hardest- websites like seneca are really good for a quick refresher (i'll link some more below in case you haven't heard of them). it's much better to have a rough idea of everything in say, science, than know half the course amazingly well and not have a clue about the rest. i know its hard to start with stuff you dislike but it will massively benefit later on.
for english, LEARN YOUR QUOTES AND CONTEXT!! these can bring grades up massively, but make sure you can analyse them! quizlet are really good for that active recall- i'm using it for my a levels atm.
past papers are your best friend- do them with no help, leaving stuff you aren't sure how to answer, go back and and fill in blanks with a different coloured pen and using notes, then mark! this gets you used to mark schemes and how examiners actually work.
don't forget to do a couple of papers to time though!

websites i used/still do: physics and maths tutor (past papers and flashcards), bbc bitesize, quizlet, freesciencelessons on youtube, any revision guide you have

as for not getting distracted, LEAVE YOUR PHONE OUTSIDE WHEREVER YOU ARE STUDYING. if you can, delete apps like tiktok just for this revision period, because the temptation can be too much (im massively guilty- DELETE THEM IT WORKS!!). this will make sure you aren't getting distracted. playlists with chill music (lofi, whatever works for you). or try studying in a library or public space with background noise!
make sure you eat and sleep well because otherwise you will not be able to focus half as well, and make sure to have time for fun still!! burning out is not fun, and resting is still important to work at your best!

and don't feel guilty if you have days where you do less. some revision is way better than no revision- don't beat yourself up!!

hopefully this helped lol- best of luck and feel free to dm me if you need any more advice!! :biggrin:

Original post by bendaviesss
Guys can anyone help me as i am currently revising for my gcses that are in about 5 weeks and im struggling to not get distracted and im nowhere near the grades i need to pass

Quick Reply

Latest