The Student Room Group

my mental health is ruining my education

hi guys,
i have been taking a few days break from my a levels that i self study and i have come back to revising my previous content and oh my goodness, i can not concentrate or focus. i feel so depressed and i was doing so well and i dont know what to do because i want to do well and i was so excited to study these but every time im in education my mental health gets so bad. i know i cant give up and especially as my online course is £166 per month meaning its £2,000 (around that) and it would be a waste if i dropped out. i also dont want to drop out because i wont have a future and i dont want to disappoint my parents.
has anyone got any tips? i feel so behind too as ive only completed unit 3 for psychology (aqa) and unit 2 for both sociology (aqa) and religious studies (ocr)... i really dont know what to do.
hello!!
you're not alone, what i do to stay productive is that i have study calls with my friends, so we either use google meet or zoom and then study together. i think there's nothing better than that!! it also keeps you motivated after the call ends to work more, so give it a shot
the answer is simple, if you dont want to drop out, you wont. also, since you were doing well before you'll end up doing well with your revision now.
maybe also try the pomodoro method for studying!
Original post by xoxolama
hello!!
you're not alone, what i do to stay productive is that i have study calls with my friends, so we either use google meet or zoom and then study together. i think there's nothing better than that!! it also keeps you motivated after the call ends to work more, so give it a shot
the answer is simple, if you dont want to drop out, you wont. also, since you were doing well before you'll end up doing well with your revision now.
maybe also try the pomodoro method for studying!

hiiiii!! i probably have adhd or some other mh health issue like bpd or bipolar because i go through episodes of excitement/happiness and then depression which makes me feel demotivated but i do want to be a mh nurse or psychology teacher so it is making me want to keep going with my studies and your advice really does help because my friends would make me feel motivated and so would my sister maybe as shes doing a levels too. its just i feel like i will fail and i cant stop procascinating even tho i have flora which is supposed to stop me from going onto socials but i still overthink in my head and its ever so hard and ik lots of people go through this so im not alone and that i should keep going because it will be all worth it in the end. thank you ever so much for that and i hope you have a great day and hope your studies are going well:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
wishing you the bestest of luck!! you've got this!! <33
Hi, I had the exact same issue a year ago. Undiagnosed OCD, ADHD for me. Please contact your GP asap and asked to be refered to psychiatry UK via the right to choose for your ADHD concerns, and ask to speak to the mental health nurse for your mental health concerns. Your GP is your best bet. Alternatively, you can also self refer for CBT using this link https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/talking-therapies-medicine-treatments/talking-therapies-and-counselling/nhs-talking-therapies/ it's free, on the NHS, and excellent.
Original post by xoxolama
wishing you the bestest of luck!! you've got this!! <33

awww thanks so much!! <33

Original post by CatInTheCorner
Hi, I had the exact same issue a year ago. Undiagnosed OCD, ADHD for me. Please contact your GP asap and asked to be refered to psychiatry UK via the right to choose for your ADHD concerns, and ask to speak to the mental health nurse for your mental health concerns. Your GP is your best bet. Alternatively, you can also self refer for CBT using this link https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/talking-therapies-medicine-treatments/talking-therapies-and-counselling/nhs-talking-therapies/ it's free, on the NHS, and excellent.

hi, i have been on the waiting list since i was sixteen to see a psychiatrist so i may have to go private as i don't think they will get me an appointment. i could also chase them up too (which my my mum keeps doing) . i will definitely look into the self refer as that seems really helpful. thank you so much for your help and i hope you're feeling good :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by alevelstudent090
awww thanks so much!! <33

hi, i have been on the waiting list since i was sixteen to see a psychiatrist so i may have to go private as i don't think they will get me an appointment. i could also chase them up too (which my my mum keeps doing) . i will definitely look into the self refer as that seems really helpful. thank you so much for your help and i hope you're feeling good :smile:

self referral is the way, my friend. It takes 2 weeks. Superb

Quick Reply

Latest