The Student Room Group

Starting revision now, is it too late?

So I'm quite the procrastinator and I've on started high intensive revision a couple of days ago.
During my mocks in Feb I got A*AB with no revision but I'm aware that these are only mocks and it may have been easier than the real exams.
I'm aiming for AAB but really I need ABB and I have exactly 6 weeks left.
Ik that's there's no point in worrying as I can't turn back time but is this a realistic goal or have a screwed myself over?
(edited 1 year ago)
Don't quote me on it, but i've heard mocks are harder level if not the same level as exams.
6 weeks is a long time, and it's NEVER too late to revise but tbh from what ur saying it sounds like you'll be fine.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Depends on your subjects. 3 science subjects? Probably not.

Although you could still bag a good grade if you sacrifice literally every aspect of your social life and dedicate many hours (up to 10) a day. 6 weeks is a really short amount of time for A levels.
Reply 3
Original post by po111

Although you could still bag a good grade if you sacrifice literally every aspect of your social life and dedicate many hours (up to 10) a day. 6 weeks is a really short amount of time for A levels.

not entirely true.
if OP managed to get above her target with no/minimal revision, i doubt she needs to ‘sacrifice’ social life to get there. plus it depends on how much she already knows, which I’m assuming is above average given she got a B without preparing properly

i think 6 weeks would be enough if you planned your days well
even if you did six hours (say 2 for each subject) a day, that’d be 42 hrs a week - 252 hrs in 6 weeks - 84 for each subject
10 hrs a day is a lot when there’s only 24 and you sleep for some of them so i say plan ur revision effectively and take sufficient breaks
luckily (hopefully) it’s revision and not learning content from scratch, i think you’ll be ok :]
Reply 4
Original post by cersef
not entirely true.
if OP managed to get above her target with no/minimal revision, i doubt she needs to ‘sacrifice’ social life to get there. plus it depends on how much she already knows, which I’m assuming is above average given she got a B without preparing properly

i think 6 weeks would be enough if you planned your days well
even if you did six hours (say 2 for each subject) a day, that’d be 42 hrs a week - 252 hrs in 6 weeks - 84 for each subject
10 hrs a day is a lot when there’s only 24 and you sleep for some of them so i say plan ur revision effectively and take sufficient breaks
luckily (hopefully) it’s revision and not learning content from scratch, i think you’ll be ok :]

While this is true, it largely depends on the quality of mocks they took. How easy/hard they were in comparison to the real exams
Reply 5
Original post by po111

Thanks for the reply! I do 3 essay subjects so you could say it's much easier to waffle as we're marked higher on analysis than content. I am prepared to sacrifice my social life though. I've had a good one up until now and I'm ready to be focused on my exams.
Reply 6
Original post by po111
While this is true, it largely depends on the quality of mocks they took. How easy/hard they were in comparison to the real exams

fair enough, although mocks are usually past exams (in my school at least)
for our last mocks we sat the 2022 papers so it was pretty comparable

Quick Reply

Latest