The Student Room Group

Revising for prelims

I have my prelims in December and i’ve not started revising late, is it too late to get top grades?
Original post by islaschooling23
I have my prelims in December and i’ve not started revising late, is it too late to get top grades?

Hi @islaschooling23,
Starting your revision now is not too late. You will still be learning content and will have learnt the content for your prelims recently so hopefully you should have quite a lot of the knowledge in your head already.
Key to making the most of your revision and time is structuring/ planning it. If you know the dates for your prelims write them down and then you can plan your revision accordingly - don't worry if you don't have dates yet.
My advice is to make a list of the topics for all your subjects and address the areas you feel weaker but also don't neglect the areas you think you know better. Remember to look at the methods for answering exam questions and use model answers to help remember the key skills. Don't let fear or panic of not doing well/ having not much time to revise hold you back and focus on what you can control - the effort you put in now to go over the content and learn it, revise it and practice for the prelims.
Best wishes for your revision and all the best for your prelims and future exams !
Catherine :-) (University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)
Reply 2

starting from today you have 35 days until the first of December, you would have already revised the contents during your smaller tests maybe now as long as study during lunch and do past papers you should be fine

i have mine in 2 weeks from now and i havent studied a singular bit, now i have to study way more than i need to every day. The annoying thing is that i choose chemistry,biology,physics all three sciences and i have all three of them back to back so wish me luck and best of luck to u too
Reply 4

you're better than me bud i just started my revision yesterday and my first prelim is on the 4th! you should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending