The Student Room Group

Which A Level should I drop?

I am currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and the workload is insane. I’m in Year 12 and aware that I need to drop a subject before I start revising for my end of year exams. However I can’t decide whether to drop Physics or Further Maths. I don’t need either of them for the courses I’m looking at (Medicine/Neuroscience/Biomed), so I might even end up dropping both of them in the end. I can’t decide which to drop now though.

My grades in Physics are worse than in FM, but I’m aware that FM will get a lot harder next year as we are still doing the Maths A Level content. FM doesn’t count as a grade in medical offers.

Thanks!

btw before people reply and say that doing 5 A Levels is too much, I know. I agree. I just don’t know what to drop and as I did 12 GCSEs I thought I could handle it. I can’t lol
Reply 1
I'd say drop further maths, it's not necessary and the physics course links into maths so they compliment eachother, most students at my school always do physics and maths together because it helps them understand both.
I’d say drop physics. You don’t need it. You may also want to drop fm - but maths plus further maths is probably less intense than maths and physics.

Quick Reply

Latest