The Student Room Group

What degree can I do with my A levels?

So I picked Chemistry,Biology,Business&Economics I dropped Business so I do 3 now and I was asking can I study pharmacy (mpharm degree) at University of Manchester with those a levels (AAB)
CHEMISTRY-A
BIOLOGY-A
ECONOMICS-B
and my GCSE grades:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
What does it say on the Manchester website?
Sounds like you meet the A level requirements for the MPharm

E1CBCD76-515A-4A16-B261-DB231EB65EEB.jpeg

And the GCSE requirements too

1F2642DC-EC3C-416C-A9F6-5D8B4B9E5852.jpeg
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
So can I get in then and study mpharm at UOM I am so happy rn what a levels make my application stand out also should I still keep business or drop it bc right now I picked chemistry biology economics and business which I am thinking of dropping or is their no point due to studying half the course what do you think is the best options because I don’t really know???

Original post by Johnny Valentine

Reply 4
31619ED0-9CA1-459C-9B20-99C24B6218EF.png
Original post by PQ
Reply 5
And btw should I drop business still thinking I picked chemistry biology economics and business thinking do dropping business but is their any point due to studying half the subject but people say you get worser on your grades so idk what do you think???

Original post by PQ
Reply 6
How about Bsc Accounting which is my backup can I get in with my a levels and grades:
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Economics - B
And Business which I dropped was that a smart decision btw accounting is my backup if I don’t get a place in mpharm so yeah and can you tell me if I reached the entry requirements to study at UOM Bsc Accounting and show me the picture like you did to mpharm thank you???

BSc accounting. Note the preferred subjects of which you only have 1

B320282D-9E06-4606-9AFB-D147861B3D26.jpeg
Reply 8
So I can’t get in that was my backup btw studying accounting also does the preferred subjects do anything I hate maths that’s why didn’t pick it what if I didn’t drop business and can you reply to my other comments please?

BSc accounting. Note the preferred subjects of which you only have 1

B320282D-9E06-4606-9AFB-D147861B3D26.jpeg
Original post by aryc_30
So I can’t get in that was my backup btw studying accounting also does the preferred subjects do anything I hate maths that’s why didn’t pick it what if I didn’t drop business and can you reply to my other comments please?

You are best off applying for 1 course at multiple universities so you really need to decide what interests you that you would like to know more about.

once you know what you would like to study, you can then look at what courses universities offer and where you meet their requirements

from that you can then select 5 unis to apply to

all the universities publish their course requirements do you only need to Google them to see what qualifications and grades you need… but it all starts with deciding what interests you / what you would like to do for a career (and then work towards getting on a course to advance in that direction)
Reply 10
I wanna become a pharmacist and study mpharm at UOM and I dropped economics instead of business!

You are best off applying for 1 course at multiple universities so you really need to decide what interests you that you would like to know more about.

once you know what you would like to study, you can then look at what courses universities offer and where you meet their requirements

from that you can then select 5 unis to apply to

all the universities publish their course requirements do you only need to Google them to see what qualifications and grades you need… but it all starts with deciding what interests you / what you would like to do for a career (and then work towards getting on a course to advance in that direction)

Quick Reply

Latest