The Student Room Group

A LEVEL fine art

Hello :smile:
I'm currently a student of year 11 awaiting for results of GCSE. I joined during a month before march mocks and I am quite new here. I opted for A level biology, chemistry, psychology and fine art as my options but the previous school I was in did not have art as a particular subject which was accessed for exam therefore I am quite unsure whether I should take art as an a level in sixth form.

I do love art a lot since I was a kid and it is kind of a lifetime opportunity for me to get to study it as a subject .I would be grateful if someone could help me out what all I should know before taking it and anything that I should have with me before sixth form starts.
Keep small sketchbooks because then you can collect them together or scan then to contribute to investigation/technique which counts for your final grade.
Reply 2
Original post by KaiIsVerySleepy
Keep small sketchbooks because then you can collect them together or scan then to contribute to investigation/technique which counts for your final grade.

do we have to showcase any of art sketchbooks beforehand to take a level art
Reply 3
No-one needs 4 A levels - no Uni wants it, or will be 'impressed'.
A level Art is demanding and involves much more work/time than you might imagine.
Alongside two STEM subjects and Psychology, you will likely struggle to do any of them properly.
Remember, AAA will always look better than ABBB.
Drop Psychology or Art.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
No-one needs 4 A levels - no Uni wants it, or will be 'impressed'.
A level Art is demanding and involves much more work/time than you might imagine.
Alongside two STEM subjects and Psychology, you will likely struggle to do any of them properly.
Remember, AAA will always look better than ABBB.
Drop Psychology or Art.

Yes I will eventually drop art in my year 13 would that be oke?

Quick Reply

Latest