The Student Room Group

Any benefit to taking four A-levels

I have taken four A-levels for this past year, and just sat AS-levels as a midpoint. I can drop one if I wish, but I'm not exceptionally struggling with any of them. I would just be dropping one to free up time, and reduce revision later which feels like I would just be being lazy. Do I drop one?
What are your 4, and which would you drop? How did you do in your AS-levels?
Reply 2
Original post by confuzzledteen
What are your 4, and which would you drop? How did you do in your AS-levels?

I did Maths, Further maths, Physics and economics. I got 4 As. I would drop physics as I plan to do something economics related at university
Reply 3
If your only concern with dropping an a level is that you will be ‘lazy’, then I would probably suggest dropping one. There is rarely much benefit to doing 4 a levels, so imo, you should not do them unless you are doing them out of genuine interest.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by N1.GOAT
I did Maths, Further maths, Physics and economics. I got 4 As. I would drop physics as I plan to do something economics related at university

If you think dropping means you'll have more free time to enjoy high school & do well in your others, then yeah drop. Little point.
I did 4 A Levels and an EPQ, and am at uni with people who did 3 A Levels, truly once you meet entry requirements you're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest