The Student Room Group

First year of uni

So my first year doesn't count towards my grade but I still need to pass. Uni is so different from school and I'm still only figuring out how to revise. Will I be able to get through the first year exams...I'm not sure :/ Is anyone in their 2nd,3rd,4th year? does uni get better in terms of time management and stress?
I was you last year. My mental health took a massive toll during my first year of uni and I felt so lost in terms of dealing with the new learning style and not knowing how to revise anymore. You can get through it. My second year has been significantly better than 1st year so it does get better. For personal reasons, I still haven't been able to figure out the studying and revision aspect of uni yet, but I'm handling the workload better anyway because I'm more used to the assignment style, have a much better routine and a more established friendship group. I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

You will get used to it and eventually figure out methods that work for you. You can do it. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest