The Student Room Group

what made you fall in love with yourselves

looking for genuine advice as i was severely bullied thoughout my student life and ive experienced physical and sexual abuse

im only 23 years old
I'm very sorry. I was also sexually abused. What helped me was having chronic illnesses, ironically. Every cell in my body is an incredible piece of evolution, design and survival. And I have billions, all with the sole aim of keeping me happy and healthy. Even when it doesn't do so good, I'm very happy with my little brain and my little legs and torso, etc, it's trying its best.
Original post by CatInTheCorner
I'm very sorry. I was also sexually abused. What helped me was having chronic illnesses, ironically. Every cell in my body is an incredible piece of evolution, design and survival. And I have billions, all with the sole aim of keeping me happy and healthy. Even when it doesn't do so good, I'm very happy with my little brain and my little legs and torso, etc, it's trying its best.

what kind of chronic illness if u r ok with sharing that info no pressure. Ive chronic illness too not even kidding. Sometimes its just too much for me all the truma. Sometimes feel like this world wants me to fail at everything. Also if its ok can u explain how ur chronic illness helped u love urself more. Sending love.
Original post by Anonymous
what kind of chronic illness if u r ok with sharing that info no pressure. Ive chronic illness too not even kidding. Sometimes its just too much for me all the truma. Sometimes feel like this world wants me to fail at everything. Also if its ok can u explain how ur chronic illness helped u love urself more. Sending love.

i have an autoimmune condition called POTS, as well as autism, which causes ADHD, OCD, anxiety and depression. I also have issues with chronic fatigue but I'm not formally diagnosed with that just yet. The rest I was formally diagnosed. Essentially I realised how hard my body is trying. yes, I sleep a lot, but it's because it needs energy. Yes, my brain doesn't make as much serotonin as it should, but it's trying. Your body is a marvel of evolution and so is your mind, and it's trying its best. Sometimes it doesn't quite get there but that's ok

Quick Reply

Latest