The Student Room Group

Economics In Clearing?

Hi
I'm predicted A*AB in Maths, English Lit. and Physics respectively. However, it's become apparent to me that I ain't gettin those grades. At best I think I will achieve AAC and at worst, BBC.
I've firmed QMUL for Mathematics, but I would much rather study Econ, thanks to my success in an Econ/History-based EPQ.
Does anyone know which unis might go into clearing for Econ with the above range of grades I mentioned?
I'd be looking at unis around the level of prestige of Kent, Royal Holloway, City, Sussex, UEA, etc.
Hey,

I believe all those unis would take you with BBC on clearing.
Do you want to actually do economics? If so, why?
Reply 3
Original post by charlotte916
Hey,

I believe all those unis would take you with BBC on clearing.

noice! did they have spaces in clearing in previous years?
Reply 4
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Do you want to actually do economics? If so, why?

yes, otherwise i wouldn't've made this post lol.
I want to be able to study the world around me, and enable myself to gain an insight into the structure and behaviour of governments, businesses, global markets, etc. while still doing some maths (i like maths lol), but applying it to something practical and concrete.
my EPQ was on Economic History and I used it to study Japan's economic system between 1945 and '91, and analyse the impact of increased inter-bank lending rates on sparking Japan's Lost Decade.
I found it fun, was always motivated to do it, and I kinda wanna keep doing similar stuff.
Original post by Al_the_Pal
noice! did they have spaces in clearing in previous years?

Yep they did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending