The Student Room Group

Scariest experiences/stories that have happened to you?

Hi guys, I’m really interested in scary stories and experiences and how people react in these scenarios as I’m currently doing a report on this topic for an academic project I’m creating during my A-levels. what has been your scariest or most unexplained story or experience that has happened to you or someone you know? Feel free to share?
hello, I have 2 - may not be so scary but I’d love to contribute if I have the chance to! the first one I’m too young to remember but have been told by my mum many times. the second I experienced a few years ago. my English can be a bit poor when explaining details so feel free to ask any questions :smile:

1 - when I was younger (around 1 1/2 years old), living in my home country, my parents took me to a family friend’s house. They had left me asleep in my buggy upstairs, with the straps on so I couldn’t get out. It was only my parents and their one friend in the house. A few owners before, the owner committed sui.. and there was talk of the house being dodgy. A few hours later, my parents were downstairs when they saw me crawling into the room they were in. They were really confused as: 1. they would’ve heard me go down the stairs since it was an old house with wooden stairs, 2. I wouldn’t have been able to open the strap of the buggy.
They tried to shrug it off but a few minutes later I kept pointing and giggling at a random corner, whilst saying ‘man’ in my language. Then my hand moved to where the lamp was and it flickered and fell. Nothing else after that apparently… idk if it was just a child being weird, or whatnot, since i was too young to remember, but it’s something i occasionally think about.

2 - my grandmother lived in my home country whilst I live with my family in England. on the night my grandma passed (we weren’t told by then, we were told in the morning), my mum and brother swore they heard footsteps coming up the stairs. my brother who was 7 at the time started to cry hysterically because he swore that he could hear the footsteps. I didn’t hear anything but I was creeped out by my mum’s and brother’s reactions. and no it wasn’t a prank on me or something. it was the next morning that we found out my grandma had passed..
Original post by catkittycatcat
hello, I have 2 - may not be so scary but I’d love to contribute if I have the chance to! the first one I’m too young to remember but have been told by my mum many times. the second I experienced a few years ago. my English can be a bit poor when explaining details so feel free to ask any questions :smile:

1 - when I was younger (around 1 1/2 years old), living in my home country, my parents took me to a family friend’s house. They had left me asleep in my buggy upstairs, with the straps on so I couldn’t get out. It was only my parents and their one friend in the house. A few owners before, the owner committed sui.. and there was talk of the house being dodgy. A few hours later, my parents were downstairs when they saw me crawling into the room they were in. They were really confused as: 1. they would’ve heard me go down the stairs since it was an old house with wooden stairs, 2. I wouldn’t have been able to open the strap of the buggy.
They tried to shrug it off but a few minutes later I kept pointing and giggling at a random corner, whilst saying ‘man’ in my language. Then my hand moved to where the lamp was and it flickered and fell. Nothing else after that apparently… idk if it was just a child being weird, or whatnot, since i was too young to remember, but it’s something i occasionally think about.

2 - my grandmother lived in my home country whilst I live with my family in England. on the night my grandma passed (we weren’t told by then, we were told in the morning), my mum and brother swore they heard footsteps coming up the stairs. my brother who was 7 at the time started to cry hysterically because he swore that he could hear the footsteps. I didn’t hear anything but I was creeped out by my mum’s and brother’s reactions. and no it wasn’t a prank on me or something. it was the next morning that we found out my grandma had passed..

Hi, thank you so much for replying to my post, so sorry about your grandma, that must have been very traumatic, these stories are fantastic though and your English is excellent.
(edited 1 year ago)
This experience really scared me. Here I go...

It was a late night. I would say around 10pm. I had just finished working out and I was relaxing. I remember looking outside and it was eerily dark, like eerily dark. I shrugged it off thinking this was just a 'normal' day.

I looked at my phone and noticed a notification - it was my friend. He said, and I quote, "hey, did you finish the assessment?" "Huh?" I thought. But then there was a flash from outside... it was my neighbour (and no, they were not naked, nor is that what I am claiming with the 'flash' bit).

Another flash. At this point I was scared and I did the unthinkable - check the deadline for my assessment.

12am...

Wait, I only had 2 hours left?! My mind was racing and my heart was thumping so I opened Microsoft Word and realised... that I had already submitted it.

I was scared for no reason, but the principle remains - this really scared me because I thought I did not finish the work.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KingintheNorth31
Hi, thank you so much for replying to my post, so sorry about your grandma, that must have been very traumatic, these stories are fantastic though and your English is excellent.

you’re welcome, and it’s okay, it was certainly an uneasy experience but I always wonder why they had heard it and not me - perhaps because at the time they were just fooling around or something - and thank you!!
Original post by gtty123
This experience really scared me. Here I go...

It was a late night. I would say around 10pm. I had just finished working out and I was relaxing. I remember looking outside and it was eerily dark, like eerily dark. I shrugged it off thinking this was just a 'normal' day.

I looked at my phone and noticed a notification - it was my friend. He said, and I quote, "hey, did you finish the assessment?" "Huh?" I thought. But then there was a flash from outside... it was my neighbour (and no, they were not naked, nor is that what I am claiming with the 'flash' bit).

Another flash. At this point I was scared and I did the unthinkable - check the deadline for my assessment.

12am...

Wait, I only had 2 hours left?! My mind was racing and my heart was thumping so I opened Microsoft Word and realised... that I had already submitted it.

I was scared for no reason, but the principle remains - this really scared me because I thought I did not finish the work.

Nothing more terrifying than thinking you forgot an assignment! 😂
Nothing more terrifying than thinking you forgot an assignment! 😂

Indeed. My grade could have dropped :eek:.
Reply 7
Hi guys, I’m really interested in scary stories and experiences and how people react in these scenarios as I’m currently doing a report on this topic for an academic project I’m creating during my A-levels. what has been your scariest or most unexplained story or experience that has happened to you or someone you know? Feel free to share?

1) When I was younger maybe 7 or 8 years old I was in my bedroom that I shared with my younger sister. I couldn't sleep that night so I decided to lie awake for a while. Then out of the corner of my eyes I thought I saw something glowing. I looked over at my wall and there was this glowing door thing. And I thought I saw something come out of it. So being my age I froze, and tears ran down my cheeks cause I was scared. ANd in that moment I tried to talk and yell out 'Mom' but nothing came out. Eventually I fell asleep from crying. And for that whole week I either fell asleep with the glowing door in my head. Or I lied awake awaiting it's appearance.
2) So when I was 9-11 years old my dad was ill(I didn't live at his house full time this is like a story about the times I was there). He had diabetes and M.S.(This is a terrifying thing that I had to witness.) And my brother never did what he was supposed to he was like 12-14 yo) and he got bad grades and never listed. My dad used to hit him when his misbehaved and stuff. And yell at him. And it always scared me every time it happened. So fast forward my dad gets sick with M.S. My brother sees this as an opportunity to do whatever he wants because my dad is now always sick and can't move. So my brother is over here ignoring chores, hitting me sometimes when i didn't listen to him. Over the months my dad gets sicker and sicker. At this point he can't even leave the house. He's on the floor going to the bathroom because he couldn't actually make it to the bathroom. He's always screaming and crying because it hurts One day he gets sent to the hospital and lifelited and I don't see him for a good month. So he gets better and explains to me how he almost died. Months pass, he gets new diseases like kidney diseases and stuff like that. And he leaves this new hospital that he was at for like two weeks. He calls me the day before he leaves and says "I'm so happy I'll be out of the hospital to see you again because I miss my kids." And he driving home. On the way home he tells his dad "Dad Im going to sleep" He goes to sleep and he stops breathing. Meanwhile I'm at school having the best day ever. And I get a call from my mom, she's picking me up so Im happy Later in the car I ask her why are we going to so and so. And she says "(m/n) your dad is in the hospital again" So Im like wait what and she says "He stopped breathing in the car and the have him on machines and its not looking good. So I start crying a lot while my moms tryna cheer me up. When we get there my grandparents are like "He's in a medically induced coma and he will be ok," Then the next day he gets worse. and they tell me "He went 30 minutes without oxygen and he went braindead" So Im angered cause they lied to me. And an hour later they unplugged my dad right in front of me.
Original post by V0ID
1) When I was younger maybe 7 or 8 years old I was in my bedroom that I shared with my younger sister. I couldn't sleep that night so I decided to lie awake for a while. Then out of the corner of my eyes I thought I saw something glowing. I looked over at my wall and there was this glowing door thing. And I thought I saw something come out of it. So being my age I froze, and tears ran down my cheeks cause I was scared. ANd in that moment I tried to talk and yell out 'Mom' but nothing came out. Eventually I fell asleep from crying. And for that whole week I either fell asleep with the glowing door in my head. Or I lied awake awaiting it's appearance.
2) So when I was 9-11 years old my dad was ill(I didn't live at his house full time this is like a story about the times I was there). He had diabetes and M.S.(This is a terrifying thing that I had to witness.) And my brother never did what he was supposed to he was like 12-14 yo) and he got bad grades and never listed. My dad used to hit him when his misbehaved and stuff. And yell at him. And it always scared me every time it happened. So fast forward my dad gets sick with M.S. My brother sees this as an opportunity to do whatever he wants because my dad is now always sick and can't move. So my brother is over here ignoring chores, hitting me sometimes when i didn't listen to him. Over the months my dad gets sicker and sicker. At this point he can't even leave the house. He's on the floor going to the bathroom because he couldn't actually make it to the bathroom. He's always screaming and crying because it hurts One day he gets sent to the hospital and lifelited and I don't see him for a good month. So he gets better and explains to me how he almost died. Months pass, he gets new diseases like kidney diseases and stuff like that. And he leaves this new hospital that he was at for like two weeks. He calls me the day before he leaves and says "I'm so happy I'll be out of the hospital to see you again because I miss my kids." And he driving home. On the way home he tells his dad "Dad Im going to sleep" He goes to sleep and he stops breathing. Meanwhile I'm at school having the best day ever. And I get a call from my mom, she's picking me up so Im happy Later in the car I ask her why are we going to so and so. And she says "(m/n) your dad is in the hospital again" So Im like wait what and she says "He stopped breathing in the car and the have him on machines and its not looking good. So I start crying a lot while my moms tryna cheer me up. When we get there my grandparents are like "He's in a medically induced coma and he will be ok," Then the next day he gets worse. and they tell me "He went 30 minutes without oxygen and he went braindead" So Im angered cause they lied to me. And an hour later they unplugged my dad right in front of me.

Hi, that must have been so traumatic for you, I hope your doing well. I can’t imagine how difficult that experince must be.
Reply 9
Hi, that must have been so traumatic for you, I hope your doing well. I can’t imagine how difficult that experince must be.

Thanks<3

Quick Reply

Latest