The Student Room Group

She hasn't texted me back for over two weeks now?

I really like this girl and we've been seeing eachother regularly and talk very often. However I've noticed that whenever we meet, it's always me who shows the most affection i.e. it's always me who hugs first or kisses first, she just reciprocates but never does it first. Having said that, there are some times when she is affectionate first, but most of the time it's me. It's also the same with messaging too, sometimes. It's usually me who messages first.

Now, our recent conversation was more than two weeks ago. I sent her a message, she has read it but hasn't replied and it's now been over two weeks.

Do you think she likes me or has she moved on? Do girls behave like this towards guys they like? I don't want to message her because I'm scared I might get ignored and it will upset me even more.
Original post by Anonymous
I really like this girl and we've been seeing eachother regularly and talk very often. However I've noticed that whenever we meet, it's always me who shows the most affection i.e. it's always me who hugs first or kisses first, she just reciprocates but never does it first. Having said that, there are some times when she is affectionate first, but most of the time it's me. It's also the same with messaging too, sometimes. It's usually me who messages first.

Now, our recent conversation was more than two weeks ago. I sent her a message, she has read it but hasn't replied and it's now been over two weeks.

Do you think she likes me or has she moved on? Do girls behave like this towards guys they like? I don't want to message her because I'm scared I might get ignored and it will upset me even more.

I think you already know the answer... it's unfortunate, but it happens, from time to time.

In all honesty, I reckon you were nothing more than a "stop-gap" for her... or maybe even just a toy for when she's bored or to feed her ego. Whenever a girl agrees to date a guy, it's always based on a sliding scale ranging from "You'll do, for now" to "You're my soul mate, I want to marry you... I've already named our kids Jack and Chloe... blah blah"; those are the two extremes, obviously there's everything in between. Think of it like passing an exam... you can either scrape by with the minimum 40-50% or you can smash it with a 90%+ grade.

Unfortunately, when you're at the lower end, it's normally only a matter of time before one of the following happens:-

1) You say or do something that completely puts her off you
2) She genuinely gets bored of you,
3) She decides she cba with guys for now (for whatever reason).
3) She's dating / texting a few other guys, and one of them has shown to be better than the rest, so decides to pursue things with him

Either way, once she's lost interest, it's normally an almost impossible to trigger her interest again. Any conscious attempt will make you look desperate, irritating and (dare I say it) Stalkerish... so I think you're doing the right thing by not texting her back. There's a small chance she MAY text you out of the blue... but seeing as it's already been over 2 weeks since your last comms, I think it's unlikely (unless there's something major going down in her life). If I were you, I'd just take it as red she's not interested in you... as I said, she may contact you again, but cross that bridge when you come to it.

On the bright side, I'm sure you've got a Halloween party coming up? Don your scariest outfit and get yourself out there. Also, Christmas season isn't far now... people are always a bit more frisky round about this time, so you stand a good chance of meeting someone there (provided you make the effort and stop moping after this girl).
She's clearly not interested, move on.
Reply 3
It’s friendzone behaviour, potentially with her sussing that you fancy her and deliberately avoiding giving encouragement. The only good news is if you back off before a rejection you can still salvage face and the friendship, if it matters. These things happen, the trick is to refocus promptly on finding someone else who is up for romance
Original post by Anonymous

You are just a friend to her she has no romantic interest in you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending