The Student Room Group

Work Experience for a Statistics Course

Hello!! Does anybody have any recommendations on where to apply for work experience or shadowing (preferably free) that would best fit a personal statement for statistics? I live in London so nothing too far out. I'm thinking of applying to LSE, Warwick and UCL and my current A Levels are Maths, Further Maths, Geography and Economics.

Thanks!! :biggrin:
Stats is an academic degree. Work experience isn’t required or helpful in applying to academic subjects.

You need to be working on super curricular studies, reading, listening etc as well as researching the content and differences between different courses to boost your application.
Original post by mobtagon
Hello!! Does anybody have any recommendations on where to apply for work experience or shadowing (preferably free) that would best fit a personal statement for statistics? I live in London so nothing too far out. I'm thinking of applying to LSE, Warwick and UCL and my current A Levels are Maths, Further Maths, Geography and Economics.

When we went to the open day for Maths at Bath the speaker mentioned that they had a student working unpaid at a football club doing stats/analysis. If you are willing to work for nothing and like sport you may find a club willing to offer you some experience.
Original post by mobtagon

You could mention on your personal statement how you have analysed the statistical possibility of you getting in based on having no experience relating to the field , this proving you have experience
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by deadeyeduncan
you could mention on your personal statement how you have analysed the statistical possibility of you getting in based on having no experience relating to the field , this proving you have experience

haha lol

Quick Reply

Latest