The Student Room Group

What’s best a levels from what degree apprenticeship wanna get in???

So I wanna get in the pwc flying start degree apprenticeship (accounting) because it has uni and work experience which will look good in my cv when applying for jobs after been qualified aca accountant and I do 80% exams to be qualified whilst in the degree apprenticeship then gonna do another year and then be qualified but need to know what a levels to pick gonna do business studies and economics don’t wanna do maths and don’t need it and want top grades that’s the main thing and here are the preferred subjects ignore maths which dislike and accounting which my college don’t do they do btec which don’t want to do and here are the preferred subjects in the entry requirements and need AAA-AAB in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, English Language/Literature, Geography, Government and Politics, Law, Mathematics/Further Mathematics, Politics, Quantitative Methods and Statistics.
Reply 1
Make sure that you do 3 A levels and not equivalents. Take subjects you can score high grades in.
Reply 2
Yep business and economics then what should be my third I might do statistics yk?

Original post by ajj2000
Make sure that you do 3 A levels and not equivalents. Take subjects you can score high grades in.
Reply 3
Original post by aryc_30
Yep business and economics then what should be my third I might do statistics yk?

Why statistics if you dont like maths?
Reply 4
Idk just bc idk what to pick as third and wanna pick from one of the lists and I don’t mind it but don’t wanna do maths that’s the thing

Original post by ajj2000
Why statistics if you dont like maths?
Reply 5
Geography would seem to fit well with your other choices.
Hi there,

Agree with what's been suggested. In terms of A-level subjects you'll be well served with completing Business and Economics. If you're not a fan of Maths (don't blame you) then Geography would be good choice, I'd also consider a computer-based subject or something of that ilk to further future-proof yourself.

For PWC it would be quite important to get strong grades in whatever subject you pick.
Reply 7
What subject is computer based btw I was thinking of statistics or law

Original post by CS_Insights
Hi there,

Agree with what's been suggested. In terms of A-level subjects you'll be well served with completing Business and Economics. If you're not a fan of Maths (don't blame you) then Geography would be good choice, I'd also consider a computer-based subject or something of that ilk to further future-proof yourself.

For PWC it would be quite important to get strong grades in whatever subject you pick.
I was thinking about either computer science, IT or something similar. All your courses and recommendations are all career focused.

Statistics and Law are really good choices though IMHO. Given your short/medium term ambitions I think that the grades will be really important.
Reply 9
So what 3 you recommend me picking and also I have to start with 4 and can drop second year don’t know which to pick and drop because I am not handling 4 a levels it’ll affect my grades which most focused on ygm??

Original post by CS_Insights
I was thinking about either computer science, IT or something similar. All your courses and recommendations are all career focused.

Statistics and Law are really good choices though IMHO. Given your short/medium term ambitions I think that the grades will be really important.
Original post by aryc_30
So what 3 you recommend me picking and also I have to start with 4 and can drop second year don’t know which to pick and drop because I am not handling 4 a levels it’ll affect my grades which most focused on ygm??

Hi there! I am a PwC Flying Start rep from Queen Mary University of London studying Accountancy. With A-level subjects, it's best to pick subjects you both enjoy and will do well in, especially since you're doing it for 2 years and getting the grades are important. If you're interested in studying Accountancy, definitely taking Accounting as an A-level will be a great advantage, Business Studies would also be really useful. Those 2 are definitely the most relevant to the course, although you wouldn't be at a disadvantage if you had not studied them. Everyone on the course has got really varied A-levels. You're taught from the basics at university, so you wouldn't have to worry. Economics is another one that could be helpful in better understanding finance in general, you also do have an Intro to Economics module in the course. The level of Maths on the course is not difficult, so doing Maths A-level is not required.

Hope that was helpful, if you want any more advice or have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer!
Original post by aryc_30

Do not do both of these - too much overlap.
Reply 12
Btw what did you pick and apparently queens Mary needs maths and other unis for same degree apprenticeship don’t is this true and what did you pick btw accounting is a t level at my college and do you recommend me pick economics and business bc people say is an overlap well I am interested and I might pick law aswell is that combo Alr which combo do you think is best wanna apply for queens Mary o and manchester

Original post by QMFlyingStartRep
Hi there! I am a PwC Flying Start rep from Queen Mary University of London studying Accountancy. With A-level subjects, it's best to pick subjects you both enjoy and will do well in, especially since you're doing it for 2 years and getting the grades are important. If you're interested in studying Accountancy, definitely taking Accounting as an A-level will be a great advantage, Business Studies would also be really useful. Those 2 are definitely the most relevant to the course, although you wouldn't be at a disadvantage if you had not studied them. Everyone on the course has got really varied A-levels. You're taught from the basics at university, so you wouldn't have to worry. Economics is another one that could be helpful in better understanding finance in general, you also do have an Intro to Economics module in the course. The level of Maths on the course is not difficult, so doing Maths A-level is not required.

Hope that was helpful, if you want any more advice or have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer!

Hi there, I'm looking to apply for this degree apprenticeship this year for 2024 entry. I do biology, chemistry and maths A levels and I'm predicted A*AA respectively. In terms of making an offer, do you look at the work experience that the candidate has completed and does it play a large role? Furthermore, what are the most significant factors you look at when you distinguish successful applicants?

I look forward to your reply! Thank you very much for your time
Reply 14
Hi there love, is it ok if I can private message you here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending