The Student Room Group

Couple questions about college/sixth form

So I have really bad depression, and my attendance is veeery low. This isn't my fault, and it obviously makes me feel worse when I think about it because I'm missing time with friends, time to learn and other precious elements of school.
On the 26th I have a private mental health assessment (camhs won't do **** so that's my solution), and so by the time I'm at sixth form I will most likely have an official document about my mental health. Anyone who has experienced something similar to me, how does that work? I'm going to try with all my willpower to keep my attendance high at sixth form, and I really want to excel but there are gonna be days where I wont be able to go to school; how is that handled? Do I get a certain amount of "days off", or is it more like, I guess a 504 plan equivalent?
Also if anyone has any tips on how to STAY organised (i'm usually good at getting organised but i start to lose it a bit after a while) that would be super helpful!
Thank you!!
on the staying organised part, this is what i always try to do to try to ground myself:

i honestly really recommend making yourself a notion - you can make it as personal to you as you'd like rather than just having a simple planner, and decorate it to your own likes.
- set LITTLE goals, rather than an overall target - working towards these little goals will build up and make you feel a lot better and more motivated, rather than just thinking the only success you have is the overall target

another app that may help you get into habits is 'finch' - you can look after a pet through completing goals. you can also make this personal to you.

Quick Reply

Latest