The Student Room Group

How do I put myself together long enough to pass my course?

I am in a bad state right now. I am in the 2/3 year of my undergraduate law course, and have 3 pieces of coursework due in the next 2 weeks, 2 of which I haven't even touched, because every time I sit down to do it I get into a state of panic, often leading to a panic attack. This isn't new for me, I've had to deal with anxiety since the pandemic, and have been through CBT to combat it, but it feels like its getting worse, with a few new constricting throat and heavy chest any time I even think about work. Obviously, this has made it very hard to get anything done, and it even feels like a miracle that I've even just finished 1/3 bits of coursework in a couple of months, but I now only have 2 weeks to get the other two of them done. I feel like I'm falling apart and can't stop it, and its now close enough to the deadline that I don't think I could get extenuating circumstances or an extension. I also have exams only a week after the last piece of coursework is due, so I'll probably have to keep it together for long enough to do those as well. Everything is starting to feel a bit pointless - I put so much effort into studying year round, then I have a couple poor months mental health wise at the end and I could have to repeat this and do all the stress again. How do I keep it together long enough to finish everything (for around 6 weeks)?
The last couple of weeks are always stressful. I wonder whether you may find it more stressful repeating the year? Or whether it may be better give you time to work on your anxiety.

I'd suggest speaking to your uni and see what they have to offer. Keep using the CBT techniques. Break the assignments into small steps ans tick if off as you get it done. It's more stressful knowing you haven't started it.

Quick Reply

Latest