The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Contextual offer for Bristol

I've been waiting for three months specifically for a reply from Bristol University about an accepyance to the Sociology with Quantative Research Methods course and starting to lose my patience a bit so I need someone to be really realistic with me.

I'm predicated all B's in my subject and I'm in the highest bracket for a Maintenence Loan due to my local area, college and I'm the first generation in my family to go to University.
Honestly, and please do be brutally honest, am I even within a chance of a contextual offer? I have a few family circumstances and again my low income background makes me viable for one but with my grades is it worth hoping for??
Original post by Anonymous
I've been waiting for three months specifically for a reply from Bristol University about an accepyance to the Sociology with Quantative Research Methods course and starting to lose my patience a bit so I need someone to be really realistic with me.

I'm predicated all B's in my subject and I'm in the highest bracket for a Maintenence Loan due to my local area, college and I'm the first generation in my family to go to University.
Honestly, and please do be brutally honest, am I even within a chance of a contextual offer? I have a few family circumstances and again my low income background makes me viable for one but with my grades is it worth hoping for??

You're a contextual candidate, and your predicted grades match the contextual offer. The standard offer is AAB and most candidates achieve AAB (source). So it's not like they quote low grades, but only take A* candidates. Finally, if you were not a realistic candidate they'd most likely have sent you a "no offer" response by now.

All the above suggests that you have a realistic chance of an offer. There's no way to know whether this means you'll actually get an offer or not, unfortunately. For example, they may have a bunch of contextual candidates with better predicted grades than you.

I really wish the wait wasn't so long, but some courses at some universities seem to take forever to make a decision.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending