The Student Room Group

contextual offers

hi, i'm a bit confused on how contextual offers work and am looking for some advice. i am currently predicted a*ab, although two of my teachers have said i can likely raise this to a*a*a if i perform well in the next tests. i am eligible for contextual offers, most of which are aab-bbb. i was wondering if worst case scenario i was unable to raise my predicted grades, would universities still consider my application with a*ab? i am applying for law at russell group unis which i know is competitive, so would they even look at an application which was a*ab with contextual rather than the standard a*aa? my gcses are 9998888888 and i have lots of relevant reading and supercurriculars in my personal statement and wanted to know my chances of being considered by bristol, ucl, cardiff, birmingham and leeds if worst comes to worst and i cannot raise my predicted grades. thank you :smile:
If a university has a contextual offer of lower grades, and you meet the criteria for the contextual offer, then that will be the offer they will give you (if they choose to offer you a place)
Original post by punkrockresumes
hi, i'm a bit confused on how contextual offers work and am looking for some advice. i am currently predicted a*ab, although two of my teachers have said i can likely raise this to a*a*a if i perform well in the next tests. i am eligible for contextual offers, most of which are aab-bbb. i was wondering if worst case scenario i was unable to raise my predicted grades, would universities still consider my application with a*ab? i am applying for law at russell group unis which i know is competitive, so would they even look at an application which was a*ab with contextual rather than the standard a*aa? my gcses are 9998888888 and i have lots of relevant reading and supercurriculars in my personal statement and wanted to know my chances of being considered by bristol, ucl, cardiff, birmingham and leeds if worst comes to worst and i cannot raise my predicted grades. thank you :smile:

If you meet the contextual conditions the offer you will ne made will be the contextual one. Nobody can say for definite whether you will get an offer but it is the contextual grade they will look at. Bristol and I believe UCL also require LNAT.
Original post by swanseajack1
If you meet the contextual conditions the offer you will ne made will be the contextual one. Nobody can say for definite whether you will get an offer but it is the contextual grade they will look at. Bristol and I believe UCL also require LNAT.

ohhh ok thank you. yeah my lnat is scheduled for a few weeks time, so would they still look at my application even if it's below the standard offer?
Reply 4
Original post by punkrockresumes
so would they still look at my application even if it's below the standard offer?

YES - if you qualify for the lower grade offer.
Original post by McGinger
YES - if you qualify for the lower grade offer.

okay thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending