The Student Room Group

Please help.

18/04/2023 First exam is 15/05/2023.
No revision done whatsoever.
I do average good grades however and I recently got an 8 in maths, working at 7-6 science and 6 in english lang & lit.
Options:
-RS
-Geography
-ICT
Cores:
-Higher maths
-Combined higher science
WTF do I do, the procrastination is real...
I have the potential, I know this because A) so many people tell me this and B) everytime i try even a little i get over the top grades. However, this is the real thing, I need a perfect and extremely efficient beneficial timetable in which I can guarantee 8s and 9s.
Extra information: I'm considering dropping my revision for options and focusing on cores only.
reply fast no time
Reply 1
If you need a timetable, draw yourself one up. I would recommend starting straight away when you get home from school, if that's a reasonable hour. Go through your revision guides if you have any, go through your case studies, even some past papers. 8/9s aren't necessary, if you don't get them that's fine. Don't stress, and don't overwork yourself.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by moked
18/04/2023 First exam is 15/05/2023.
No revision done whatsoever.
I do average good grades however and I recently got an 8 in maths, working at 7-6 science and 6 in english lang & lit.
Options:
-RS
-Geography
-ICT
Cores:
-Higher maths
-Combined higher science
WTF do I do, the procrastination is real...
I have the potential, I know this because A) so many people tell me this and B) everytime i try even a little i get over the top grades. However, this is the real thing, I need a perfect and extremely efficient beneficial timetable in which I can guarantee 8s and 9s.
Extra information: I'm considering dropping my revision for options and focusing on cores only.
reply fast no time

How are we exactly the same LMFAOO
My first exams on 5/05/2023 i have less time than u omg I havent revised either procrastinations got me in a chokehold so. And I’m a burned out gifted child x

I really should follow my own advice but atp, what’s gonna work for me is I’m gonna sit in my room. Give my phone to my parents and any other distractions I have. Play some music, preferably Phonk. Just blast that **** in my ears ( dont judge me it kinda works ). Get yourself motivated, and memorize ! MEMORIZE! I dont do any of the subjects you do, but I know geography is basically memorizing from my friends who took it ( i take history so i understand )

If its maths ( i do further maths ) i cannot stress this enough but PAST PAPERS. Follow the mark scheme and complete the paper at first, and slowly ease yourself out of looking at the ms in time.

You got this. You’ve got potential. Think about summer and how fun it’s gonna be. My motivation is the fun I’m gonna have in italy and beaches I’m gonna go to, all knowing i smashed my gcses only revising the few weeeks b4. YOU GOT THIS FR.
Reply 3
Original post by Swamiii
How are we exactly the same LMFAOO
My first exams on 5/05/2023 i have less time than u omg I havent revised either procrastinations got me in a chokehold so. And I’m a burned out gifted child x

I really should follow my own advice but atp, what’s gonna work for me is I’m gonna sit in my room. Give my phone to my parents and any other distractions I have. Play some music, preferably Phonk. Just blast that **** in my ears ( dont judge me it kinda works ). Get yourself motivated, and memorize ! MEMORIZE! I dont do any of the subjects you do, but I know geography is basically memorizing from my friends who took it ( i take history so i understand )

If its maths ( i do further maths ) i cannot stress this enough but PAST PAPERS. Follow the mark scheme and complete the paper at first, and slowly ease yourself out of looking at the ms in time.

You got this. You’ve got potential. Think about summer and how fun it’s gonna be. My motivation is the fun I’m gonna have in italy and beaches I’m gonna go to, all knowing i smashed my gcses only revising the few weeeks b4. YOU GOT THIS FR.

Thanks, afterschool I'm gonna do revision everyday, I've got this, Thanks!! And i really like ur idea of taking away distractions, stealing that if udm
I understand that you're feeling overwhelmed and stressed about your GCSEs. It's normal to feel this way, especially when you have a lot of work to do and not much time to do it in.

The first thing I would recommend is to create a revision timetable. This will help you to stay on track and make sure that you're covering all of the material. When creating your timetable, be realistic about how much time you have and how much work you need to do. Don't try to cram too much in, or you'll just end up feeling more stressed.

Once you have a timetable, stick to it. It's important to be disciplined when it comes to revision, especially if you want to achieve high grades. If you find yourself getting distracted, take a short break and then come back to your work.

Don't be afraid to ask for help if you're struggling with a particular concept. Your teachers, parents, and friends are all there to support you. There are also many online resources available, such as Khan Academy and BBC Bitesize.

Finally, remember to take care of yourself. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, and exercising regularly. If you're not taking care of yourself, you're not going to be able to learn as effectively.

I know it's a lot to take in, but I believe in you! You can do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending