The Student Room Group

Gap year full time teaching jobs

Im hoping to go to uni in 2024, i finish my a levels in june and am taking a gap year. After uni i want to go on this 3 year teaching program to get my PGCE while working, so on my gap year i want to get some sort of teaching job (paid) with no experience other than volunteering at primary schools. is emailing schools directly the most efficient way do do this, or does anyone know what sort of teaching jobs i should get to be more attractive when i apply for the teaching course after uni
Hi @beefreya

I would suggest looking at supply agencies for teaching assistants and cover supervisers, many are happy to take on people in your position, especially if they have a genuine interest in teaching.

As soon as you start your degree, you will be eligible for an adviser from The Get Into Teaching Service who cam offer you further support and guidance, so make sure you register when the time comes!

Best of luck.

Sue

Original post by beefreya
Im hoping to go to uni in 2024, i finish my a levels in june and am taking a gap year. After uni i want to go on this 3 year teaching program to get my PGCE while working, so on my gap year i want to get some sort of teaching job (paid) with no experience other than volunteering at primary schools. is emailing schools directly the most efficient way do do this, or does anyone know what sort of teaching jobs i should get to be more attractive when i apply for the teaching course after uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending