The Student Room Group

Gap Year

How many have taken a gap year and enjoyed it.
I'm currently on a gap year and it's 50/50 really. I feel left out because pretty much all my friends are at uni and it feels like they're moving into a different stage of life without me. But it's quite nice to just sit around and do nothing (that's to say, I'm doing absolutely nothing with my time - been rejected from jobs, yet to try volunteering, and too scared to travel). I think it's a great idea if you have a plan :smile:
I’m on a gap year now and I’m really glad I took one. I wasn’t 100% on the course I chose and now I know what I want to do and have reapplied to uni. I think if you decide on a gap year now you can prepare for it better than I did cause I only decided I was going on one in around may. I quite like the freedom to do anything and I’ve had a few jobs and have been applying to internships and things like that :smile:
Original post by Calvin12345678
How many have taken a gap year and enjoyed it.

for the record i can update this now: i'm volunteering in various places e.g. library and primary school, and that alone feels like i'm doing a lot with my time. Now that i've applied to uni i feel quite good and relaxed.
I loved mine! Did the whole backpacking south east Asia, Australia gig, go for it!
Reply 5
I hated mine, but it was out of necessity - we needed the money.
I worked full time at a commercial estate agents (we sold only fish and chip shops). The job itself was fine (they kept me on part time for another year after I started uni), but I wanted to be at uni. I felt left behind.
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest