The Student Room Group

Advice for math

I am an igcse edexcel student I do higher tier maths . In my mock exams for math, in paper 1 I got 45/100 and in paper 2 I got 52 /100
I’m aiming for a Grade 7 in my finals.
Any tips on how I can revise and boost my grades? I’ve been doing practice questions but sometimes after I learn how to do a question I struggled with and then I revisit a different question but of the same subtopic I often forget how to approach the question. How can I stop this?
I did the exact same board last year and got a 9 and I had the same problem as you haha

I made flashcards with the method using example questions

I also used maths genie and made sure i completed all the sections i wanted to cover for the grade i wanted: https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/igcse.html

Now that i'm doing a-level maths, i make flashcards on anki with all the questions we cover in our exercises (screenshots from the online textbook) and so when i complete questions, if i found them hard, bc of anki's methodlogy, the question will come back up within a minute or so, meaning i won't forget how to do it as quickly - hope that made sense haha

GOOD LUCK
Its all about spacing out the questions. @TazmeenX has given you spot on advice about Anki but if you don't want to faff around with knowing how it works, perhaps like save these questions on your device and just try reviewing them later?

Even if you get them wrong, its better if you learnt from it.

Quick Reply

Latest