The Student Room Group

Nat 5 Access to maths Aberdeen uni

Hello!

Is anyone doing the access to maths nat 5 through the Aberdeen uni? I’ve just started and finding it difficult- maths has never been my strong point!! Or has anyone out there done it before who can share some tips? Thanks!
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Not sure if this will be helpful for you, but just wanted to make you aware of the student support services available if you're struggling. We offer a range of support branches from careers advice to counselling, and we would recommend checking this if you feel like you might need some advice on the support we can offer: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/students/support/
I'm not sure if revision support will be available but just wanted to make you aware!

I should say that I did the Access Maths course in the past and also found it difficult, I very much know what you mean by maths not being a strong suit. My best advice would be to pace yourself with it as much as you can, giving your brain a bit of time to sit with a lesson and then coming back a couple of days later to see if the latest lesson has clicked. If you have the time then going over some of the content you are struggling with can also be a good idea. Personally I also found noting down how to solve the problems on paper in a way that made sense to me helped too. I don't have much advice beyond this but hope that it helps!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending