The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Leniency of keele med offer

Hi @Olivia_questions,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer! I'm not sure of the grade boundaries for any of our specific courses but I've dropped my colleagues in admissions a message to see if I can find out more guidance for you.

In the meantime - and I know this is very hard to do - try not to get too distracted by thoughts about what *might* happen and instead focus upon your remaining coursework and revisions/exams. I know from personal experience how easy it is to catastrophise about what could/might happen - and it is, of course, totally natural to worried and even scared about the results of examinations - but all you can do is your best. You can't ask any more of yourself than that.

I'll let you know as and when I get a response from admissions but, in the meantime, well done! It is no easy thing to get an offer for A100 so that suggests you're already doing all of the right things. Be proud of that achievement, focus on your coursework and exams, and keep up the good work :smile:

Amy Louise
PhD Candidate & Student Ambassador, Keele University

Leniency of keele med offer

Hi @Olivia_questions,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer! I'm not sure of the grade boundaries for any of our specific courses but I've dropped my colleagues in admissions a message to see if I can find out more guidance for you.

In the meantime - and I know this is very hard to do - try not to get too distracted by thoughts about what *might* happen and instead focus upon your remaining coursework and revisions/exams. I know from personal experience how easy it is to catastrophise about what could/might happen - and it is, of course, totally natural to worried and even scared about the results of examinations - but all you can do is your best. You can't ask any more of yourself than that.

I'll let you know as and when I get a response from admissions but, in the meantime, well done! It is no easy thing to get an offer for A100 so that suggests you're already doing all of the right things. Be proud of that achievement, focus on your coursework and exams, and keep up the good work :smile:

Amy Louise
PhD Candidate & Student Ambassador, Keele University
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Olivia_questions
Hiya thankyou sm!!! Please let me know when you get a response :0

Hi @Olivia_questions,

I've heard back from the admissions team and, as I expected, there isn't really much more that I can tell you. All the team can say at this stage is that the full conditions of the offer have to be met to guarantee the place. Beyond that, we can't speculate what might happen as we just don't know until results day.

I'm sorry that I can't offer any further reassurances at this stage. What I will do is reiterate my earlier advice to keep your focus on revision and any remaining coursework so that you're in the best place that you can be come the assessment period.

Hope that helps :smile:

Amy Louise
Hi, thanks for your response, however last year I heard keele did give alot of people offers when they didnt meet the grade.

Hi @Olivia_questions,

There are so many variables year on year that it's impossible for us to give exact guidance. One year's intake may be very different to another's as a result. As I said above, we just can't speculate what might happen come results day so all the team can say at this stage is that the full conditions of the offer have to be met to guarantee the place.

Amy :smile:
Could ik how many people last year got in without the grade requirement? is there any data ?

No, we're not able to provide that kind of information I'm afraid. And, as I said above, each year varies so one year's data is not necessarily reflective of what is going to happen in another year simply because of the variables involved.

Amy Louise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest