The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

I'm 15, and I have never had a bf and it is giving me a lot of stress because a lot of people in my year are getting boyfriends and going A LOT further which I don't really want to, but I want to feel I have the option too. I am very introverted and I can't even talk to people properly. And I feel this massive pressure to lose my v card and start dating. I don't know what to do really.
In all honesty, I lost mine at 15 to fit in with everyone else and I still regret it to this day, I wish I’d have waited for the right person, there’s nothing wrong at all with waiting, don’t feel pressured, wait as long as you need, you’ll know when it’s the right time
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 15, and I have never had a bf and it is giving me a lot of stress because a lot of people in my year are getting boyfriends and going A LOT further which I don't really want to, but I want to feel I have the option too. I am very introverted and I can't even talk to people properly. And I feel this massive pressure to lose my v card and start dating. I don't know what to do really.

Meanwhile, me at 20+. 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Reply 3
Thats a blessing not to be bothered with boys at that age.
Reply 4
Hi, I am 16 and I am currently in a relationship. While I still have my V card, I have done quite a few sexual things with my boyfriend, but I feel that I am ready and comfortable for this. Please do not do something just because others are doing it and you feel pressured. If you are not ready for a relationship, then you don’t have to look for one. You should definitely not lose your v card simply because you feel you should because others are. Stay safe and just wait.
This is not normal. I would see a doctor
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, all of this is entirely normal - not having had a bf at 15, feeling stressed about it because of what other people are doing, not feeling ready to have sex...

I know it's easy for me to say this as someone much older than you, but what you should do is try and ignore what other people are doing and focus on what you want to do only - it sounds like perhaps working on talking to people a bit more might be the thing to focus on at the moment? Try to remember that in a few years' time, no one will remember or care who lost their virginity when, and the only thing that will really matter is that you did things when you were comfortable and ready. So try not to focus too much on other people (and remember, just because people are saying they are doing things, doesn't necessarily mean they are...) and take things at you own pace. Everything you are going through is very common and normal so you are not alone in feeling how you feel!

I wish you all the best :smile:
Original post by black tea
Yes, all of this is entirely normal - not having had a bf at 15, feeling stressed about it because of what other people are doing, not feeling ready to have sex...

I know it's easy for me to say this as someone much older than you, but what you should do is try and ignore what other people are doing and focus on what you want to do only - it sounds like perhaps working on talking to people a bit more might be the thing to focus on at the moment? Try to remember that in a few years' time, no one will remember or care who lost their virginity when, and the only thing that will really matter is that you did things when you were comfortable and ready. So try not to focus too much on other people (and remember, just because people are saying they are doing things, doesn't necessarily mean they are...) and take things at you own pace. Everything you are going through is very common and normal so you are not alone in feeling how you feel!

I wish you all the best :smile:

Thank you this makes me feel alot better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending