The Student Room Group

Bowel movements

How often do you go to the toilet for a bowel movement and what's normal/ not normal ? Sometimes I feel I go too much and sometimes not enough. Advice please
Reply 1
Everyone is different, so it's whatever is normal for you. You should be concerned if you see changes to your toilet habits.

Sometimes it will be different for a short period, depending on what you've eaten and drunk (or not), but if they persist without reason, see a GP.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Everyone is different, so it's whatever is normal for you. You should be concerned if you see changes to your toilet habits.

Sometimes it will be different for a short period, depending on what you've eaten and drunk (or not), but if they persist without reason, see a GP.

Thankyou I know everyone is different just wondered what was normal I thought it was about right going 1 - 3 times a day ?
It mostly depends on what I eat and the quantity of which I eat the more I eat the more bowel movements I have . Sometimes in a morning I will have 2 or 3 trips to the toilet if my stomach is feeling upset.
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou I know everyone is different just wondered what was normal I thought it was about right going 1 - 3 times a day ?

normal is anything between every 3 days to 3 times a day
Reply 5
Synopsis. A "typical" solid discharge is by and large what is typical for you. You ought to hope to pass stools between three times each day and three times each week. Anything more prominent than three times each day might be because of the runs, while anything short of three times each week might be expected to constipati

Quick Reply

Latest