The Student Room Group

I don't want to work in London as a graduate, what other places are there?

I graduated nearly 2 years ago and most of the people I knew at uni are in London and have good jobs already or jobs that sound promising. I went to London recently and I could live in Finsbury Park which is where I have friends, but I have literally never been anywhere so depressing in my life. Is there any other city in this country that has jobs and is good for graduates because I really don't want to live in London?
(edited 1 year ago)
Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham. If ur looking at big companies most have regional offices - Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Southampton. The other option is working in London and commuting from East Midlands, Reading, Surrey I presume or even just like London boroughs which are more far out and you might deem less depressing haha
(edited 1 year ago)
Yes? Just go to indeed and change your location to be within 100 miles or more from where you live and you will find hundreds of jobs in other parts of the UK. UK is massive and there's opportunities everywhere.
Of course you can but if you’re looking for help, it might be worthwhile saying which course you studied and your classification to help with seeing if people can help you with your career?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending