The Student Room Group

Budgeting for Presents

Does anyone set out exact limits for how much they're spending on presents for people?

I never have before - I usually have just searched until I've found something I think they'll like - but I think now I'm going to have to limit spending, as there's now too many people (especially with friends having children) and the same for Christmas.

Does anyone else budget gifts into their outgoings?
Original post by Suzanne123
Does anyone set out exact limits for how much they're spending on presents for people?

I never have before - I usually have just searched until I've found something I think they'll like - but I think now I'm going to have to limit spending, as there's now too many people (especially with friends having children) and the same for Christmas.

Does anyone else budget gifts into their outgoings?

I'd put a bit of money aside each week, then when it comes to buying Christmas presents you will have money saved up.
Decide how much you are spending on different people and stick to it.
Reply 2
I don't set the exact number, but it helps if you have a price range in mind. The way things have been going in the last couple of years, we started buying a bit more modest presents (talking about my friends and family) and everyone understands why. Also, it's good to keep an eye on discounts and for some products, to buy out of season.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending