The Student Room Group

stacey reay

if i use just stacey reay's vids for power and conflict poetry can i get a grade 8/9 ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ku2006
if i use just stacey reay's vids for power and conflict poetry can i get a grade 8/9 ?

yes, as long as your essays are well-structured. I used stacey and got a 9

I would recommend the following structure:
introduction- overview and thesis statement (be brief), subtle link to context but only if relevant
then main body paragraphs should be point, evidence (with terminology), single word analysis if appropriate, evaluation of what this shows, link to context
this should work :smile: message me if you have any questions. I am doing A-level English
Reply 2
Original post by languagestudent0
yes, as long as your essays are well-structured. I used stacey and got a 9

I would recommend the following structure:
introduction- overview and thesis statement (be brief), subtle link to context but only if relevant
then main body paragraphs should be point, evidence (with terminology), single word analysis if appropriate, evaluation of what this shows, link to context
this should work :smile: message me if you have any questions. I am doing A-level English

thank you so so much! did you only use stacey reay or did you use the help of other youtube channels too?
Original post by ku2006
thank you so so much! did you only use stacey reay or did you use the help of other youtube channels too?

I mainly used stacey, but I would build upon her points with my own ideas and quotes. I don't think it's enough to just copy what she says word for word, but her ideas tend to be very perceptive so a good starting point? I definitely found stacey more useful than the other Youtube channels though.
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by languagestudent0
I mainly used stacey, but I would build upon her points with my own ideas and quotes. I don't think it's enough to just copy what she says word for word, but her ideas tend to be very perceptive so a good starting point? I definitely found stacey more useful than the other Youtube channels though.
hope this helps :smile:

thank you so so much!

Quick Reply

Latest