The Student Room Group

Is there light in end of the tunnel?

I have been feeling low and my college course is in jeopardy should i stick to it or give it up because I'm not sure if my mental health will get better or worse
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have been feeling low and my college course is in jeopardy should i stick to it or give it up because I'm not sure if my mental health will get better or worse

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, it sounds really tough at the moment. It's hard to say what would be best. One thing I find helpful is weighing up the pros and cons: pros of sticking with the course, cons of sticking with the course, pros of leaving the course, cons of leaving the course. This may help you to see the bigger picture of this decision. I personally am an advocate for giving up things that hurt your wellbeing, but if the course is something that provides other benefits to you (e.g., social life, a step into a career you want, a sense of achievement), it may be worth looking at ways to make things easier for yourself if you do stick it out. On the other hand, giving it up could open up other opportunities that you may get more benefit from.

Quick Reply

Latest