The Student Room Group

im so tired,

im scared, and tired, my assignments is too much. when you try to ask teachers for help they're so blunt and expect you to know everything. i don't know man.
Original post by mylifeasci
im scared, and tired, my assignments is too much. when you try to ask teachers for help they're so blunt and expect you to know everything. i don't know man.

How can we help you
Reply 2
Original post by notstudyingatall
How can we help you

Reassurance and help with my assignments, cause I feel like I’m just gonna fail everything and not get into uni
Reassurance and help with my assignments, cause I feel like I’m just gonna fail everything and not get into uni

Well you're doing great by asking for help anyway! Just keep trying and pushing through the tough times and eventually you'll get where you want to be. Don't stop trying until you are where you want to be, and are happy with where you are
Reply 4
Original post by notstudyingatall
Well you're doing great by asking for help anyway! Just keep trying and pushing through the tough times and eventually you'll get where you want to be. Don't stop trying until you are where you want to be, and are happy with where you are

I’m really struggling with my assignments, I’m scared I’ll fail it

I understand how you feel. It can be really tough to be in a situation where you feel like you're not getting the support you need from your teachers. It's important to remember that you're not alone, and there are people who want to help.

Here are a few things you can do:

Talk to your parents or guardians. They can help you advocate for yourself with your teachers and find resources to help you succeed.

Reach out to your classmates. You're not the only one who is struggling, and your classmates may be able to offer you support and help you study.
Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teachers. Even if they're not the most helpful, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
It's also important to remember that it's okay to ask for help. Everyone needs help sometimes, and there's no shame in admitting that you're struggling. With the right support, you can succeed.
what's the worst that could realistically happen if you fail your assignments? if you fail your course? if you aren't able to complete assignments at this stage perhaps it isn't the right time to go to uni-- you would struggle. maybe uni is what you want to do- maybe you need uni for what you want to do in the future-- don't worry, you will be where youre meant to be in due course.

lets say you fail- you can always retake the course youre doing and redo your assignments or go somewhere else and do something else- there's nothing wrong with that. I won't say everything will be okay because (having been in the same position) you wouldn't believe me anyways-- just know that you are more resilient than you think and that you can make failing the best thing that's ever happened to you. things will work out- maybe not in the way you want them to but they will
I’m really struggling with my assignments, I’m scared I’ll fail it

Don't be scared about failing. Just attempt them, and try hard at them. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
what's the worst that could realistically happen if you fail your assignments? if you fail your course? if you aren't able to complete assignments at this stage perhaps it isn't the right time to go to uni-- you would struggle. maybe uni is what you want to do- maybe you need uni for what you want to do in the future-- don't worry, you will be where youre meant to be in due course.

lets say you fail- you can always retake the course youre doing and redo your assignments or go somewhere else and do something else- there's nothing wrong with that. I won't say everything will be okay because (having been in the same position) you wouldn't believe me anyways-- just know that you are more resilient than you think and that you can make failing the best thing that's ever happened to you. things will work out- maybe not in the way you want them to but they will

I do want to go to university. I got one of assignments back and was capped at a pass, I’m now scared of resubmitting it and just failing the entire course. I’m literally doubting my abilities, like what if I don’t go to uni, it’s all a waste really.
Reply 9
Original post by Syed100
I understand how you feel. It can be really tough to be in a situation where you feel like you're not getting the support you need from your teachers. It's important to remember that you're not alone, and there are people who want to help.

Here are a few things you can do:

Talk to your parents or guardians. They can help you advocate for yourself with your teachers and find resources to help you succeed.

Reach out to your classmates. You're not the only one who is struggling, and your classmates may be able to offer you support and help you study.
Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teachers. Even if they're not the most helpful, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
It's also important to remember that it's okay to ask for help. Everyone needs help sometimes, and there's no shame in admitting that you're struggling. With the right support, you can succeed.

I’ve reached out to a friend about an assignment and she’s willing to help me go over it. I haven’t even started my resubmission yet due to a breakdown over getting capped at a pass.
I do want to go to university. I got one of assignments back and was capped at a pass, I’m now scared of resubmitting it and just failing the entire course. I’m literally doubting my abilities, like what if I don’t go to uni, it’s all a waste really.

its absolutely not a waste if you don't go to university at all- it isn't for everyone and it may not be right for you. It may be right for you in a few years time- if you fail your course you likely don't have the skills to succeed at university at present and would struggle there too so it may be better for you to take some time out and develop the confidence and academic capabilities to meet the demands of unis- 'failure' is just redirection
Original post by Anonymous
its absolutely not a waste if you don't go to university at all- it isn't for everyone and it may not be right for you. It may be right for you in a few years time- if you fail your course you likely don't have the skills to succeed at university at present and would struggle there too so it may be better for you to take some time out and develop the confidence and academic capabilities to meet the demands of unis- 'failure' is just redirection

Did you take btec?
Did you take btec?

I took a levels but looking back I would probably have benefitted from taking a btec- I was at a competitive grammar school and was told that taking one would be beneath me

Quick Reply

Latest