The Student Room Group

im bipolar. a levels are killing me .

I was diagnosed in late November 2022, at the start of yr12, im now in my summer term of yr12 and really struggling to juggle work and mental health.
I have my predicted grade mocks this week and I haven't done as much revision as I would liked to have done due to a depressive episode over easter.
my teachers are aware of my circumstance but haven't been the most friendly/welcoming after finding out and I fear that they will give me bad predicted grades as a result of these exams and not care that I've had a serious problem when I would have wanted to revise.
I don't know if this will make sense but school is really doing my head in and im experiencing a lot of depressive and manic episodes. its boarding school too, so I cant exactly go home at the drop of a hat. my parents are about 3 hours away and I feel awkward talking to them about my state of mind.
any advice? please? im struggling a lot.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with your mental health. It's important to remember that you're not alone and there are people who can help.

It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed by your workload and your teachers' reactions to your diagnosis. It's understandable that you're feeling stressed and anxious.

I would encourage you to reach out to your parents and let them know how you're feeling. They may be able to offer you some support and guidance. You could also talk to a trusted friend or family member, or seek professional help from a therapist or counselor.

It's also important to remember that you don't have to do everything on your own. There are people who care about you and want to help. Please reach out for help if you need it.

Here are some additional tips that may help you cope with your mental health and academic workload:

Set realistic goals for yourself. Don't try to do too much at once. Break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable steps.
Take breaks. It's important to take breaks when you're feeling overwhelmed. Get up and move around, or step outside for some fresh air.
Ask for help when you need it. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teachers, classmates, friends, or family.
Take care of yourself. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, and exercising regularly.
Seek professional help if needed. If you're struggling to cope, don't hesitate to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor.
I hope these tips help you. Remember, you're not alone and there are people who care about you and want to help. Please reach out for help if you need it.

Quick Reply

Latest