The Student Room Group

a level economics (aqa)

does anyone have good ways to memorise content? and apply/link it easily? i find it hard to remember things i've learnt, even if i have previously memorised it.
and with essay questions, i feel like i'll either get top marks or fail it completely, are there any tips to consistently do well?
Sure, here are some tips on how to memorize content and apply/link it easily:

Actively engage with the material. The more you interact with the material, the better you will remember it. This means reading it carefully, taking notes, discussing it with others, and practicing problems.
Use different learning styles. Some people learn best by reading, while others learn best by listening, speaking, or doing. Experiment with different learning styles to find what works best for you.
Create a study schedule and stick to it. It is important to start studying early and to make a schedule that fits your needs. Break down large tasks into smaller, more manageable ones.
Take breaks. It is important to take breaks when you are studying. This will help you to stay focused and to avoid getting burned out.
Get enough sleep. When you are well-rested, you are better able to learn and to remember information.
Eat healthy foods. Eating healthy foods will give you the energy you need to study effectively.
Find a quiet place to study. A quiet place where you will not be interrupted is ideal for studying.
Reward yourself. When you reach a study goal, reward yourself with something you enjoy. This will help you to stay motivated.
Here are some tips on how to consistently do well on essay questions:

Read the question carefully. Make sure you understand what the question is asking before you start writing.
Plan your answer. Before you start writing, take a few minutes to plan your answer. This will help you to stay on track and to make sure that you cover all of the important points.
Use evidence to support your claims. When you are writing your essay, make sure to use evidence from the text to support your claims. This will show the reader that you have a strong understanding of the material.
Write clearly and concisely. Your essay should be easy to read and understand. Avoid using jargon or technical language that the reader may not be familiar with.
Proofread your essay carefully. Before you submit your essay, make sure to proofread it carefully for any errors in grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
I hope these tips help you to improve your memory and to consistently do well on essay questions.
Reply 2
Look at the Feynman Technique and Spaced Repetition, Active Recall.
Original post by inaaya.s
does anyone have good ways to memorise content? and apply/link it easily? i find it hard to remember things i've learnt, even if i have previously memorised it.
and with essay questions, i feel like i'll either get top marks or fail it completely, are there any tips to consistently do well?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by inaaya.s

Heya!
I found memorising diagrams + doing lots of past papers and pre-planning essays very helpful :h: You can also use flashcards as well! If it helps, Study Mind has free economics practice questions!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest