The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Law / Classics

Hi there, I'm wondering what the best Unis in the UK are for Law and Classics. I haven't decided what I want to do out of the two yet, but I'd like a uni that's pretty, has a good program and high level of education, and is in a safe city or rural area. Basically what anyone wants in a uni I suppose. But I'd love to know people's experiences of studying these at uni too.
So far I'm considering Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bath, Bristol and Sheffield. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Elijiahfirefore
Hi there, I'm wondering what the best Unis in the UK are for Law and Classics. I haven't decided what I want to do out of the two yet, but I'd like a uni that's pretty, has a good program and high level of education, and is in a safe city or rural area. Basically what anyone wants in a uni I suppose. But I'd love to know people's experiences of studying these at uni too.
So far I'm considering Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bath, Bristol and Sheffield. Thanks!

Can’t really comment for classics but I’d presume it’s the usual suspects like Oxbridge, Durham, St Andrews etc but as for law:

Tier I:
Oxbridge

Tier 2:
LSE, UCL, Durham, King’s

Tier 2.5:
King’s, Bristol, Nottingham

Tier 3:
Bristol, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow (different legal systems, you’d have to convert), Leeds, Queen Mary. Manchester/Warwick for some.

Tier 4:
Rest of the Russells & places like Kent

Tier 5:
the rest

Hope this helps! Not a definite ranking but a little guide. If there is a specific firm you’d like to work for, have a look at some of the employees/members and where they graduated from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending