The Student Room Group

Best UK universities to study law

What are some good UK universities to study law at? I'm trying to look for some unis with lower requirements (eg. AAB/ABB) than Oxbridge and the really top ones such as UCL, Uni of Manchester.
Reply 1
Original post by strawberrymoon
What are some good UK universities to study law at? I'm trying to look for some unis with lower requirements (eg. AAB/ABB) than Oxbridge and the really top ones such as UCL, Uni of Manchester.

Royal Holloway seems alright

Hi @strawberrymoon,

I'm a second-year at Lancaster University.
One way that you could find 'good unis' to study law at is to use the Complete University Guide to compare courses that those grades would get you into. Here's the link if you want to have a look: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/courses/search/undergraduate/law It's a really good tool that I used when I was looking at the rankings of universities before sending off my university applications.
Here, the grade requirements are AAB for LLB (Hons) Personally, I love Lancaster and recommend it highly to you!

Hope this helps
-Beth (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Hi @strawberrymoon :smile:

Have you considered The University of Law? Over 90% of our tutors are qualified solicitors, barristers and judges so you will learn to apply law and we focus on teaching you the most relevant and practical skills that employers are looking for.

You can study for an LLB in Law by itself or combined with another subject such as business. You can even choose to study for an accelerated LLB Law which takes only two years to complete!

Our A-Level requirements for LLB Law are currently BBB and can be studied at one of our many campuses across the UK as well as online.

If you have any questions about ULAW, I'd be happy to help!

Laura :rave:
Reply 4

Generally,

Tier I:
Oxbridge

Tier II: Next Best
LSE, UCL, Durham (nationally), King’s (globally more so but still on a national level)

Tier III: Upper Russells
Bristol, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Queen Mary. Debatably Manchester/Warwick especially for regional firms.

Tier IV:
lower Russells & Kent/Royal Holloway etc maybe Aberdeen? Not sure cuz of differences in legal system

And then there’s the rest.

Obviously a simplification but hope this is of help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending