The Student Room Group

SOAS or Leeds for Law

I am torn between choosing SOAS (Law & International Relations) or Leeds (LLB) for law.
I’m leaning towards SOAS as the course looks more interesting and I’d love to be in London. I wondered whether this would disadvantage me in post grad options?
Leeds is the better choice and better university on almost any objective measure.

SOAS is just a mad place and everyone in it is mad. If you are from out in the sticks and you're the only loon in the village and you want to come to London and wear mad things, protest to save the gay whale and have free Hare Krishna curry on Tuesdays, then there is no amount of Leeds that will make up for that.

My strong advice would be to go to Leeds, be a rebel there and then go to a better London university for postgrad or law school.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
Leeds is the better choice and better university on almost any objective measure.
SOAS is just a mad place and everyone in it is mad. If you are from out in the sticks and you're the only loon in the village and you want to come to London and wear mad things, protest to save the gay whale and have free Hare Krishna curry on Tuesdays, then there is no amount of Leeds that will make up for that.
My strong advice would be to go to Leeds, be a rebel there and then go to a better London university for postgrad or law school.

Hahaha genuinely the best comment l've seen on here. Pretty true too from what I’ve heard. Book lover101 if you are mad enough then you will enjoy SOAS and it is well respected for interesting Law + combinations and fairly popular with London law firms (It’s top 10 for law last I checked). Leeds probably edges it on the academia front many top top lawyers went to Leeds. (Kier starmer for one) and it has an excellent reputation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending